The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed here for a long time....

I have most of the parts body and mechanical to make an Elige-based V8 - powered car.

If I am going to do this, I want to build more than 1. :)

The wheelbase will be stretched about 12". I have a wide clam for 335's, hubs and brakes to run more power, etc.

Of course, we can build just about any power from an LSx. From the 500hp LS7 to 630hp LS9, + all the aftermarket possibilities.

The LSx drive-train should weigh less than 200lbs more than Toyota 4-cylinder. In fact, it is probably very close to the V6 models.

Creature comforts like A/C, heat, ABS, traction control will be preserved from the Corvette drive-train.

We can also build any kind of interior, all the way to super-car quality. Although, a Lotus-based car would look good in minimalist form.

Price... less than 1/10th of a Henessy Venom. :)

PM me, if interested. General comments on the thread are appreciated.

Anton

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
The most difficult part is making the body not look goofy. The guy in Sweden(?) did a decent job with his v10 conversion, but even his body looks off. I'm not sure if I'm sold on his Porsche rear suspension, but it is a pretty good idea for turning something out quickly.

The carbon fiber seat company in italy had a very nice looking mockup body that was claimed as LS powered, but I suspected the engine didn't actually fit. They never showed a picture.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
re: Styling

I find this car uninspiring. They just lengthened the rear clam and added wheel flares. I have a wider clam. Wider from the doors to the back, so it flows.

They did not do anything at the front.

The extra wide engine ducts should be an extra $$ options. :)

The technical work on the V10 and the transaxle is top notch. They were good engineers. One needs good styling and engineering.

The BMW V10 complicates matters a lot. BMW is a very closed architecture i.e. it is very hard to find tuning tools and custom parts (for sure in North America).

LSx platform is great. ECU and engine harness, ABS, traction control all off the shelf. HP tuners for tuning. Can even plug in a Corvette body computer to run the inside. With cats it would pass emissions, if no one looked under the clam. LSx is 200lbs lighter then BMW V10. Not to mention a huge aftermarket...

Anton

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I find this car uninspiring. They just lengthened the rear clam and added wheel flares. I have a wider clam. Wider from the doors to the back, so it flows.

They did not do anything at the front.

The extra wide engine ducts should be an extra $$ options. :)

The technical work on the V10 and the transaxle is top notch. They were good engineers. One needs good styling and engineering.

The BMW V10 complicates matters a lot. BMW is a very closed architecture i.e. it is very hard to find tuning tools and custom parts (for sure in North America).

LSx platform is great. ECU and engine harness, ABS, traction control all off the shelf. HP tuners for tuning. Can even plug in a Corvette body computer to run the inside. With cats it would pass emissions, if no one looked under the clam. LSx is 200lbs lighter then BMW V10. Not to mention a huge aftermarket...

Anton
Actually that isn't the BMW V10, that is a supercharged RST 2.4L V8 with a Sadev sequential racing transaxle... Should be fast! That engine weighs 163lbs apparently...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts