The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. This is my first forum post.

The problem I have is that I locked my Lotus Exige 08 model this morning at work and at the end of the day I get back the the key fob won't open the central locking doors. It does absolutely nothing. I'm not sure where the problem lies. I can see the alarm tell tale blinking so I don't think its the car battery and I've changed the battery on the key. Any ideas on what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
385 Posts
If that doesn't do it, it is likely that the CDL (central door lock ) controller has failed. This circuit board is located behind the start button panel, and is an easy fix for the dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem is that I am stuck out of the car and its at work. Im in South Africa. There are only 2 dealers and they are about 500km and 1600km away. Is there any way I could at least start it and get it to my house?

Don't know how to re-sync the key fob (read about pressing both buttons on the fob thats separate).

Btw thanks for the speedy replies

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. Worked it out

First I decided that perhaps the battery isn't working. So I opened the front flap and tried to boost the battery - BAD IDEA. Got a serious burn. Battery seemed good.

Next - Broke into the cabin.

Entered manual disarming procedure with security code.

Finally tried to programme my key - Turns out it won't programme. Managed to programme a replacement key. Guess it was the FOB all along.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts