The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co-worker is stating that this car is actually a Lotus x100 concept car. I believe that it's a Toyota MRII that has just been re-badged. I'm almost 100% certain but I'm not an expert. I'm assuming that you guys would know...please rip it apart for me. THX.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks like you guys have seen this car before....

Out of a 10 what number would you give it as far as "creativity"?

Also...is there any chance that anything on this car is actually from "Lotus" (besides the terrible badging)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't laugh...the guy really walks around telling people that we owns a "Lotus".

I though that I had to share this with you guys.

Owning a Lotus is a spiritual passage...you just can't fake it.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
WOW really?! Leather headlight covers? and whats with the quad exhaust tips?!

·
Registered
6,510 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
It's a Toyota MKI badge. Just notice what looks like a Fiat Abarth scorpion. The MKI was inspired by the Fiat X 1/9 and earlier light-weight Lotus. It's a owner that is over-working that angle... :p

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It's a Toyota MKI badge. Just notice what looks like a Fiat Abarth scorpion. The MKI was inspired by the Fiat X 1/9 and earlier light-weight Lotus. It's a owner that is over-working that angle... :p
When I was growing up, someone like that was called a "squirrel." :p

As the 2005 thread sez, Andy Barron is the person who bought the REAL M90/X100 prototype and has given it a loving restoration...and it is/will be street-worthy.

This car (and owner) is a pretender and someone should rip off the badges and stickers and...oh, sorry, let it get away from me. :eek:

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Man... That is a SWEEEEEEEET car. Where can I get one? :thwack: Ehhh, no. If that's a Lotus, mine's a Lambo.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts