Domain Name: lotuscars.com
Created on..............: 19 Oct 1995 10:00:00
Expires on..............: 18 Oct 2004 10:00:00

Registrant Info: Johnson Arnold Arnold Johnson
500 Marathon Pkwy.
Lawrenceville, GA 30045-2800 US
Phone: +1.7708224566 Fax..:
Email: [email protected]******

Locked: The domain cannot be transferred, renewed, or deleted. (Though the status value can be changed.) Hierarchical and associated objects cannot be added or removed from the domain object. Domain names involved in Sunrise and other disputes may be locked, subject to registry policies.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
maybe they are updating?

the configurator still works. i have a direct link to it. no new info there.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
shay2nak said:
maybe they are updating?
[straightman]
Any idea of a date when they would be done?
[/straightman]

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Randy Chase said:
[straightman]
Any idea of a date when they would be done?
[/straightman]
maybe by mid-week? Fourth of July tomorrow and may have Monday off.

Or maybe later today? Server problem? but then how would the configurator still be up?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
What is the address of the configurator?

P.S. No, that was not the right answer. :) Hint "store coming..."

P.P.S. No excuse for a domain being down because you are updating it. I don't think that is it anyway.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Ahh... as I expected.

http://66.139.73.25/ = lotuscars.

The dns is messed up for the domain name. Which makes me wonder again why it is shown as locked.

Is there some issue over ownership of the name?

Sidenote... http://www.lotususa.com

·
Registered
963 Posts
Where's Nazz at? I bet he is in the know. Does he still post here?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
tidalwdave said:
Where's Nazz at? I bet he is in the know. Does he still post here?
He has not been here since 04-20-2004.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You know a month ago I sent a letter in the US Mail to Mark O'Shaughnessy offering to re-do the Lotus website, either for a fee or perhaps in an exchange for a lease on an Elise or some other "creative" payment option so that Lotus wouldn't have to shell out some big bucks to get it done. As of today I've heard absolutely zero in response to the letter.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Later Apex said:
You know a month ago I sent a letter in the US Mail to Mark O'Shaughnessy offering to re-do the Lotus website, either for a fee or perhaps in an exchange for a lease on an Elise or some other "creative" payment option so that Lotus wouldn't have to shell out some big bucks to get it done. As of today I've heard absolutely zero in response to the letter.

just a delay in the mail. you should get it sometime within the next few yrs.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Later Apex said:
Your not the only one to do that. No replies even to us locals.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Heh, I offered to redo their gallery/color picker for free. I'm a visual effects artist, but I have done this before for sites I like. I asked only for the model to do it with, or the technical plans to build the model from scratch. I didn't receive a response either.

BTW, here's a sample of a site I did for a luthier. This guy paid me in a huge discount in one of the violins. It's a very nice piece of artwork.

http://www.jordanmusic.com/workshop/

For Lotus, the offer is still open. Although now, I'd probably hold out for some merchandise;)

Barry

my site is:

http://www.3dmation.com

if anybody is interested.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
DDuncan said:
http://66.139.73.25/ works fine now. Who knows.....
I think it always did. http://www.lotuscars.com does not though. As I posted above, that indicates a nameserver/dns issue where lotuscars.com is no longer pointing to the address of 66.139.73.25 and that I find odd.

Since the IP is the same, the dns should still point to it, but it's been changed to no longer point to it. Also as I mentioned, the status of the domain name is LOCKED which is also odd.

Now just some speculation....the owner of the name of lotuscars.com is shown as Arnie Johnson. The web contact is shown as Nazz. The address I presume is Lotus USA. Regstrars can get very strict about domain names in cases specially where there is some dispute. Even if the dispute is something silly. It can get hard to clear up when the domain is registered to one name and the contact email is someone else. Been there, done that.

There was some talk a few months ago about changing over to one website for Lotus UK that handled Lotus USA also. Then there was some talk that maybe this would not happen. I have no idea what the plan is now. But maybe they will use a completely new domain?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Last word I got was Lotus UK would develop a worldwide Lotus cars site, but Lotus USA was going to have a domestic based site as well. A ROW site is fine for all the smaller countries, but no way can Lotus UK effectively manage US issues, market is too big.

When I was last there, they'd just gotten a demo/proposal from a web design group.

Chris

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
A ROW site is fine for all the smaller countries, but no way can Lotus UK effectively manage US issues...
Let's be honest, the LCU website has never been anything but an object of ridicule.

Do you really think Hethel could do worse?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts