The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site really brings my computer to it's knees. Maybe it has more to do with the number of apps I have open. I run with 1.5 gigs of ram. CPU is 2.4ghz P4.

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The image above is CPU usage. The first major spike was loading the lotuscars.com web site. The drop was exiting the site. It stayed near 100% CPU usage while I had the site open in my browser.

Not sure why.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I replicated your test, I received a similarly shaped graph, but my CPU usage hit a plateau around 65%. I have the same 2.4ghz P4, but with only 512 RDRAM. I'm not sure it would spike so much with more programs open, as the others weren't taking up many CPU cycles before you opened the site. My processes count is half yours. Perhaps getting the newest version of flash would help, but I have no idea...

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Probably has a lot to do with the apps I have open (36).

But I would think that would impact memory usage more than CPU. Hmmm...

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
It's likely the moving image at the top of the site that's giving your processors a workout...

Flash animation in general is usually pretty good at doing that.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I complained about that as soon as the new site came up - it's the top graphic on the page & only because it is two layers moving with alpha channel - takes a lot for flash to figure that out. It's pretty and everything, but there should an option to stop it.

I sometimes browse at the office when my computer crunches numbers - I don't like having to make sure that the Lotus site isn't open while that's going on in order for the majority of the workload to go towards my app and not some webpage.

yet another complaint I have about the LCU's website.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts