The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to make sure everyone knew about this.

It's put on by the LotusCorps crew. I did it two years ago and it was great. Looks like it may hit some of the same roads we did on our WI drive!

It's an overnight deal - I can't do both days, so I'm just going to do Saturday.

Meet up is 9:30 in Cherryvale Mall parking lot in Rockford.

Check it out:

The Samuel Smith Commemorative "Lotsa Bitsa Everything" Road Incursion. June 23rd and 24th.

We've got most of a great route verified and will be meeting at the
southwest corner of the Cherryvale Mall parking lot in Rockford at 9:30a.m.
We'll be leaving from Rockford at 10:00 A.M. on Saturday.

We've got blocks of rooms at the Super 8, (608) 326-8777 ($89.90) rate, and
at Windsor Place, (608)-326-7799 ($109.90) Deadline to reserve at these
prices is June 1, held under "Lotus Corps".

Sunday, we'll arc back east through more great Wisconsin terrain, with a
targeted return to the Chicago area in the late afternoon / early evening.

Please note the number of people in your party to David Korwin
([email protected]), Jeff Plummer ([email protected]), or John Ehle
([email protected]) for planning purposes.

We're looking forward to another great Sam Smith Tour!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumpity bump.

Who is in? I'm in for Saturday.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i want to do saturday... does anyone know when it ends? or where the route takes us for sat only?. i need to be in wheaton by 8 :)

hey jeff are you gonna stay past 6pm ?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Marius - you coming solo?

Wanna meet up prior to it? We can meet at the Belvidere oasis off 90West.

As for timing, I'll definitely be done by 6pm. Based on the route, etc, I'm assuming we go west towards Galena from Rockford - GREAT GREAT hilly twisty roads there.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got this from Dave Korwin:

Great to have you along! Galena isn't the destination this year; We're actually ending up at Prairie du Chien, Wi. for the night. Lunch will be in Shullsburg, Wi; Dinner will be at Old Man River Brewery just across the river in Marquette, Ia. Reservations are for 7:30. We’re guessing our arrival at Prairie du Chien around 5:30 to 6:00.
We haven't completed the final route sheet yet, but it will be done in the next couple of days. Hard copies at the start, or I could send the excel towards the end of the week. Remind me!

So, looks like they might be picking up the Sunday portion of my Gumball Route that we got rained out of. GREAT and I mean GREAT roads.

I'll play it by ear, but will probably bag out around 5pm.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We can either do Rockford via 90 or via North Ave (64). If we do 90, wanna meet at the Belvidere Oasis at 9:10? Gives us 15-20 min to get to Rockford for the 9:30 meet up.

How's that sound?

So far:

Me
Pooter
Marius

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Well I just got word that my cousin just got shot over in Afghanistan. I don't have a ton of details yet but he is alive. He will likely be flown over to a hospital in Germany. There isn't much I can do aside from praying. Obviously, if my family needs me back in Michigan this weekend, I will not attend this drive.

With that being said, as of right now I am still in.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys - do we have a final 'who's in' for this?

Do we want to meet up ahead of time and caravan to Rockford or just meet up at the starting point? Might be easiest.

I should be at the SP in Rockford at 9:30 - again, I'm only doing the Saturday leg.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I'm in with a girlfriend for Saturday only also. You still meeting everyone up at the Belvidere Oasis at 9:10 am?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like a plan to me - Belvidere Oasis - 9:10!

Will be good to meet you live Darrin - let's see if you can roll like Kim can! You've trained her well Jedi Master!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Sorry Jeff... This is Kim (being stealth using his account) my girlfriend Tayler is coming... Darrin should be home in 2 weeks and you can meet him at Supercar Saturday in Bolingbrook. Thanks for the compliment... good to know I can roll with the boys...

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry Jeff... This is Kim (being stealth using his account) my girlfriend Tayler is coming... Darrin should be home in 2 weeks and you can meet him at Supercar Saturday in Bolingbrook. Thanks for the compliment... good to know I can roll with the boys...
Hey Kim - no worries.

I forgot that he lets you hack the account. That sets a bad practice as wives will be asking for fB passwords! :)

Sounds good. I think this route has many of the same roads were were going to hit on Sunday before the monsoon. You get to break the newly refreshed Green Dragon in - well done!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
:shift: Yes.. Darrin is besides himself on the fact that I get to spin the Dragon before him with all the work that was done by TJ, my Lotus God :bow:

I'll open my own account... when I get my own Elise :nanner2:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
This is Darrin, I had nothing to do with Kim's skills at driving. Thats how we met, talking about cars. She is a motorhead and used to autox her vette and BMW.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I'm in for sure. I'll meet you guys at 9:10am.

Kim, I'll get ahold of you tonight about changing your oil. I also have to change diff fluid in my friends truck tonight, so I'm gonna be up late. :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
You guys probably won't like driving with me. I drive like I get shot at for a living

(I get shot at for a living)

Drive fast... Take chances

My avatar doesn't say heh heh (evil laugh) for no reason

1 - 20 of 35 Posts