The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lotuses or Loti? Which is it? It seems to be a matter of controversy. Once I even saw a Lotus website where the guy said not to email him asking about whether it's Lotuses or Loti. Let's try not to kill each other in this heated debate!

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Lotuses or Loti? Which is it? It seems to be a matter of controversy. Once I even saw a Lotus website where the guy said not to email him asking about whether it's Lotuses or Loti. Let's try not to kill each other in this heated debate!
Loti....definately Loti.

However, I'm sure people will dive into the Latin derivatives and stuff....kickin back and waiting to see the fallout :popcorn:

·
Registered
458 Posts
It's neither. According to Chapman himself, the plural of Lotus is Lotus.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thanks Bob! That's exactly the press release that I was searching for. :up:

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Lotus has also said that "Lotus cars" is acceptable. ;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
a press release for that ,wtf
call it what you want ,if lotus owners dont know,nobody else will lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've alwys thought that we should simply paraphrase Dr. Seuss. As in:

"One Lotus, two Lotus
Red Lotus, blue Lotus"

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
I have driven many Lotus. There are many Lotus in the field. I have owned 3 Lotus in my lifetime etc etc etc

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
"Lotus" as it applies to Lotus cars, is a proper name, which means it does not have to conform to any grammatical rules. If Colin said the plural of Lotus is Lotus, that's it.

I had a very dear friend who bought a Porsche. He said he would never say Porsh-uh...I said 'fine,' but that's how Porsche pronounces his name, so...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts