The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A number of us went to Supercar Saturdays last Saturday (and then did a small drive afterwards).

There was a group there doing aerial video with a drone/GoPro.

Lots of cool 'Lotus Represent!' - including yours truly being the first car driving in.

We are talking to these guys about doing a full blown video filming of our next Spirited Drive. This is GoPro on steroids and I love it!

Check it out:

SuperCar Saturdays Aerial Video - Bannockburn, IL - 2014 on Vimeo

For some reason, won't link in the post, so just follow the link.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, they were just playing around and trying to get their name out. If you saw the video that Lotus F1 put up of him and Ronin in the LA Canyons, that's the vibe we are gonna do - film us, all Need for Speed aerial style, doing a Spirited Drive.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The video content was good (and yes the Loti looked better than anything else) but quickly became bored with the artistic jerks that were added. It's a cool effect once or twice but not every scene.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I liked the video. Roughly $700 for a drone isn't too bad either but maybe too steep for me to jump into that hobby.
I would definitely enjoy seeing more usage of drones during events and cruises though.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The video content was good (and yes the Loti looked better than anything else) but quickly became bored with the artistic jerks that were added. It's a cool effect once or twice but not every scene.
Yep, it's fun for a drive. At a static car show, the novelty wears off.

Now, I have this neighbor with the high hedges that likes to sunbathe....

·
Vendor
359 Posts
Yep, it's fun for a drive. At a static car show, the novelty wears off.

Now, I have this neighbor with the high hedges that likes to sunbathe....

I see where this is going..... LOL

·
Vendor
359 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts