The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go on LT a lot at school, some kids watch, and to tick me off, they want to join. If they were interested, It's okay IMO, but they just want to do it to make me mad. What am I supposed to do? I can't ask Mr. Chase to just "Ban them all" right?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And idk if they're joking or not...I'm just annoyed at it. Maybe they are maybe theyre not. If they're not joking, what am I supposed to do?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you being serious.....this is a joke right? :shrug:

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Ignore 'em :) - if they are doing it to get you annoyed ignoring them will remove that driver!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you being serious.....this is a joke right? :shrug:
:huh: :huh: :huh:
How am I joking? It's fairly simple...
1) I go on LT at school (When we're not doing anything or before class/after I finish a test/quiz early in E-Commerce)
2) People in my E-Commerce class are annoying and say they should make an account, obviously to annoy me.
3) Idk if they're joking or actually will, so idk what to do...
How is this a joke?

And Mr. Steve: Okay thanks, that's probably the ideal solution. :clap:

·
Registered
143 Posts
:huh: :huh: :huh:
How am I joking? It's fairly simple...
1) I go on LT at school (When we're not doing anything or before class/after I finish a test/quiz early in E-Commerce)
2) People in my E-Commerce class are annoying and say they should make an account, obviously to annoy me.
3) Idk if they're joking or actually will, so idk what to do...
How is this a joke?

And Mr. Steve: Okay thanks, that's probably the ideal solution. :clap:
Whoa calm down it was just a question, I just don't see why this is a serious problem that needs to be talked about here. Like Aedo said, just ignore them. If it's one thing that I've learned about Lotus and either having one or being interested in them is that people get jealous, and it usually results in them bashing on either you or the car. Just ignore them.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh no I wasn't mad. I just didn't see how I was joking. :p I'm just worried they'll ruin the forum and some Admin or Moderator will say "It's ALL YOUR FAULT Sunny, we're going to Ban you because they ruined the forum and you brought them here!" or something. I'd rather not get banned, I love this forum. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Gotcha! See now I understand...yea sorry about the comment I really didn't mean it that way, I see your concern now.
I highly doubt the moderators would ever ban someone for something like that unless you actually told them to get on here and do that. Anyway don't worry about it, shoot if I were you I'd be more worried about that E-commerce class...good luck!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Let 'em join. If they're car enthusiasts they're welcome. If they end up being trolls the mods will get them anyway.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Your issue will be if they are IP banned and your using school computers you also won't be able to get on the forum from school. Even if they do come on here they'll get tore up pretty quick and probably just leave on there own, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just add them to your ignore list and all will be well. :D

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
you don't like encouraging young enthusiasts? :thwack:

Have you read his posts?

Furthermore, since he has joined, we have seen a LARGE influx of trolls.:wallbang:

Im with cory:shrug:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
you don't like encouraging young enthusiasts? :thwack:

There is a difference between encouraging young enthusiasts and annoying 14 year old kids..

Example being Chapster5...not sure how old he is (I know he is younger 17-18ish) but he doesnt start stupid threads, doesnt comment on everything just to build is post count and other crap that idiots like this guy and some other new guys do... he is always adding positive posts to this site and helps lots of other people out..

...and as far as im concerned its noting to do with age either...that ballerstatus08 idiot should be banned too...

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
lol

I do my best to ignore him so I'll no doubt be ignoring any classmates that find their way here too.

·
Registered
470 Posts
wow guys. that seems to be some what harsh. He is 14. This is probably his first forum he has been on. Also if you read some of posts he is trying to learn without trying to effend anyone. He, like myself when i arrived, is trying to fit in and feel out the site. if you look at my post i have about the same. Its not from being a post whore, but from trying to learn and meet new people. I dont people should be jumping all over him. just my .02, they may not even be worth that much.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sunny, don't you have to go for recess now or is it time for your afternoon nap followed by milk and cookies? Talk about dumbing down an adult forum.:mad:

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
dont we have a minimum age limit to be a member?
next we are going to be discussing dora the explorer.
:)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I have mixed feelings on this matter. I do think it great to encourage young enthusiasts and in a few years, if everything works out for Sunny, he will be driving his own Lotus. I definitely encourage that if he is an enthusiast.

But he does need to mature a bit more. Less threads and less posts, more studying and reading about the Lotus experience. Many questions can be solved by seach function. Don't do internet at school. Use the time to study or make new friends.

I hope someone who is Sunny's location that can give him a ride in a Lotus!
If he was my area I'd be happy to give him a ride in an Elise. Even to join the group.

IMHO

-Hal

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.