The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We hope to do this periodically. On Tuesday 10 of us went tp the garage for a tour. Attending from LotusTalk was me, Rachel (rachelise), Jacob (knucklehead), Bill (spudboy). The rest of the people were mainly ChaseCam employees plus ChaseCam dealer Brian Goodwin of Goodwin Racing, and Paul Davis from Miata Net A few of us were there to work, doing photography of dash gauges for incorporation into the new ChaseCam Dashware product.

We assembled outside the garage at 10:30am. Nice weather. Sunny but cool. The tour started and went on for about 80 minutes. One of the garage guys took the group on the tour and talked about all the cars.

Afterwords, we all went to a local scottisg pub for Bangers and Mash, Fish and Chips, etc. Food was good and we hung out there for almost 2 hours.

We will post some pics but the highlight for me was sitting in the McLaren F1. What an awesome car. We also got to get into the Mercedes SLR, Porsche GT, Ford GT40, the Elan, and many other cool cars. Thye basically told us we could play with any car there, but stopped at letting us drive them. :)

Jay has a couple of new cars in the garage. One was very cool, but I forget the name, it started with a D. It is a kit car from Michigan. Rear midengined. Looks like a cross between an X-Bow and an Ariel Atom. This one was red. Patricko got a picture of Jay in it on the road last week.

Jay's other new car is the Audi R8 and reports are that he loves it. This one is a silver color.

We also learned the truth about Jay and Ferrari. There is a Ferrari in the garage, but it is the personal car of the garage detailer, Rosalee.

Thanks Rachel, Bill, and Jacob for attending. We hope to do this again.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Do you know if it was the R8 or the R8 FSI with the V10?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wondered but forgot to check/ask. I am thinking since it was new supplied directly to Jay as a loaner, it is the V10.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To me it looked much better in person. The performance specs are incredible. it must be a blast to drive. Wish it was a little cheaper.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Just like I got you and Chasecam involved with the garage, I also got the Deronda there as well..... It's nice to know people. Hey, did you see if the Ecojet was finished?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just like I got you and Chasecam involved with the garage, I also got the Deronda there as well..... It's nice to know people. Hey, did you see if the Ecojet was finished?
It was not. They seemed to be working on it.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Randy, next time you guys do this, let the rest of us know. I'd fly to Cali for that.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Probably not everyone will like the looks. 1900 lbs dry sounds a lot like 2000+ lbs kerb weight.
Different, but the rear tail lights look out of place...

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is certainly not a good view of it with all the contrasting colors. As I said, in person I think it looked a lot better.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When it is time. :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The Eco-jet is running, but they are frying transmissions, so it was out being fixed.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And that is the difference between taking the tour (as Spudboy did) and working in the garage as I did.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts