The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
$13k isn't horrible unless the drivetrain is junk.

CarFax is by no means at all accurate. I have owned several vehicles with recon titles that have had clean carfax reports for example.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
OMG I remember this Lotus!!! My friend and I looked into it when I started shopping for one. The dealership it was at was terrible. They wanted $40,000 for it and it was a wreck to begin with (not as bad is this now). I remember the fenders! The 4th gear was NOT working properly and was grinding every time! The car had an insane sound system and you couldn't hear the constant squeaking of the engine (belt?). It was such a bad car and poorly taken care of - I feel bad for the person who bought it and wrecked it further...

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Ok, yes the damage. The crazy fender flares.

But....

Lambo doors? Really? Lambo doors? :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was seriously considering this lotus to either part or fix, But he has a lien on the title!?!?!??? who's going to buy it without being able to have a clear title? There is no spare clam He was going to take an extra 2000$ and find you one?!? WOWZER 13k is A lot because by the time your done fixing it you know deep down its still a crashed lotus and its been beat at one time. Also when your done fixing it you might as well just of bought a used one needing nothing for 23k! ""GOOD LUCK""

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
That poor car needs to be scrapped; obviously noone has ever taken care of it, ever.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I am always a little frightened of advertisements for high-end cars, which are chocked full of low-end spelling and grammar.
"NEEDS FRONT CLAME"
"My lost your gain"
"clam that needsto be"
Then it has capitalization errors and no spaces after periods. When advertisements are written like this, it makes me wonder if it is an overseas scammer trying to make a quick buck (the deposit), and then fade into the woodwork. Perhaps the ad is on the level; English may be his second language or he is a recent graduate of our failed education system. I hate to be one of the spelling/grammar Nazis, but this ad is just so wrong, on so many levels.
(edit/update) I looked at his E-Bay purchases, he appears to be very young.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was seriously considering this lotus to either part or fix, But he has a lien on the title!?!?!??? who's going to buy it without being able to have a clear title? There is no spare clam He was going to take an extra 2000$ and find you one?!? WOWZER 13k is A lot because by the time your done fixing it you know deep down its still a crashed lotus and its been beat at one time. Also when your done fixing it you might as well just of bought a used one needing nothing for 23k! ""GOOD LUCK""
lmao, someones a bit delusional. Where do you find a used one for 23k? That has relatively low miles and isn't a heap of junk?

edit: oh, i do agree that 13k is to much for the heap. I would be interested at 6k.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
"The car is going to need a paint job" gets my vote for understatement of the year.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I see that it sold - did anyone here pick it up? Parts car or is someone going to try to resurrect this poor car? I think it just needs to die in peace...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey, i wander if it has a hardtop that he can sell me? I seem to always be about an hour too late on the forum when one pops up for sale. HMMM :wallbang:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts