The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Less is Better
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed the other day that the left side low beam was out on my '05 Elise. I checked the fuse (17) and also looked at the RH (18) and high beam fuses (20 and 21). Everything has electrical continuity. Just to be sure, I replaced the LH low beam fuse and still nothing. So I went and replaced the bulb on the LH side. Still nothing. All other lights come on, the high beams on both sides, all parking lamps. I checked ground on the LH bulb carrier and it's good. There's just no voltage on the + connector. The clam was off for the oil cooler repair years ago but the lights have worked fine since then. Before I try to go through the brain damage of tracing wires, does anyone have any more advice on something to look for? Any guidance on which wires to trace? Does the switch fail?

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
First check the output of the low beam relay and connection on that side before you pull the clam. Relays are cheap.

·
Less is Better
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think so, it looks like the relays are part of the switch controller, so may not be individually replaceable. I haven't had to dig into this on my Elise so I could be wrong.
Thanks. It appears the relays are subject to failure. The wiring diagram shows that the individual low beams have their own relay, so I'll check this circuit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts