The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question : What triggers the low fuel tell tail light ? Which tank sends that signal ? The reason I am asking is that coming home last night , the fuel tell tail came on, but my fuel gauge was reading half a tank. Today I checked and No tell tail light. I am thinking that after sitting all night that the tanks balanced out:shrug:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
On my '89 and on all the SE's I've seen the sender and tell-tale are integrated into the sending unit - there are three leads, one is ground, one is level, one is low warning. The sender is one the driver's side tank.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
:scratchhead:

Hmmm, on my car I am sitting on the left side when driving the car - am I missing something in the post? Is this a right hand drive Esprit?

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,370 Posts
GM MPFI cars don't have the Low Fuel Light control module in the front relay chassis, like the earlier cars?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not sure? The 88' on back have a totally obsolete and unibtanium module in the front relay tree. Red box about 2 inches tall. Mine apparently crapped out on the PO and his skills at repairing failed...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the feed back. My location is in Georgia U.S.A. For now I will just keep an eye on this, I know that the tell tail is suppose to come on at 2.6 gals remaining, but my Esprit is fitted with a digital gauge that reads in percent of full, so at 50% I should have about 9.65 gals . I think I will run it down a little more till 26% gauge reading and then sump the tanks and see how much fuel I get out , should be about 5 gals. if my math is right and the gauge is accurate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts