The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning it for a couple of years and putting about 4,000 trouble free miles on it, I’ve decided to sell my 2005 Elise. As many of you on this site know, it’s an enormous hoot to drive on Lotus appropriate roads. Unfortunately many of the places I want to go to involve s droning along on four lane roads at highway speeds. The Elise is not the most pleasant or convenient conveyance for that (and yes, I’m getting old).

It is mostly stock, has low mileage (20,xxx mi) and everything works well. The color is Starlight Black and it has an LSS suspension. Given the New Mexico repaired title, I have lowered my asking price compared to an average of comparable cars listed here. I’d like to get $28k, but I’m open to offers. The car is located in northern New Mexico.

I posted more information and more photos at https://imgur.com/a/Qzf067r
The photos accurately represent the condition, except that the paint on the rear clam has some flaws don’t show up clearly. Feel free to post here or email: pajarito atayteeteedotnet

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rich,

Yes, it's still for sale.

I think the green film will come off OK with judicious use of a hair dryer or very judicious use of a heat gun, but I have no experience. You might check with a wrapping shop. I applied the stripes in early 2018, and the car hasn't been in the sun too much since.

Be aware that the stripes were applied over the clear paint protection vinyl where it exists (forward of the windshield, and rocker panels). Given my struggles pulling the clear film off of the RH access panel so I could get it repainted, there's no way that removing the green film will pull off the clear.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Gerry

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
peeling off vinyl is absolutely no match for the clearbra adhesive. it will come off easily.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Those TR motorsports F1 wheels are very sweet, lightweight, rare option.... (or it's possible I just overpaid for a set)..
GLWS

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it is. A guy looked at it yesterday, but he hasn't gotten back to me. Let me know if you have any questions.
Gerry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts