The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is a stock 2011 RGB Exige. Only mod is a cat-back exhaust.

Under low to moderate acceleration, and typically after turning, the car "stumbles" as I accelerate. Even if I'm at a stop sign and take off while turning. Could be more noticeable turning left?? Doesn't happen as much when just going straight.

I took the car to the dealer. They told me it only happened when they invoked the traction control and I should just drive slower. After almost slapping the guy, I got his mechanic in the car and in 30 Seconds I was able to show it.

I had suggested they check the wheel sensors for traction control. I don't think they did anything other than thrash my car. They suggested I run injector cleaner. I did this out of principle but it was clearly not going to work. Their only other suggestion is that they would call Dave at Lotus US.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else experienced this?

scott

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
Do your rear tires have very similar wear? If you replace just one rear tire, it can cause the traction control to do this (especially on left turns for me). I had this happen after getting a screw in one sidewall. The tires were at about 50% so I replaced just one side.

Have you driven with the traction control turned off to see if it still happens?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
My car does it a little when the tires are cold, especially while turning left at intersections. The TC does indeed kick in and indicates so in the gauge cluster. It goes away after a few miles, and it's just a nature of the beast.

What tires do you run? I'm on R888s.

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
My car does it a little when the tires are cold, especially while turning left at intersections. The TC does indeed kick in and indicates so in the gauge cluster. It goes away after a few miles, and it's just a nature of the beast.

What tires do you run? I'm on R888s.
My car does exact same thing....I also have R888s. My issue never goes away tho so im forced to leave TC off 100% of the time.

I've heard ABS sensors can cause this as well

·
Registered
581 Posts
Check for tire/wheel bindings, or brake dragging. Uneven (excessive) wheel speed will engage TC especially when you turn..

Had this happen on another vehicle (non lotus).

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not fully defined but it's clearly traction control related. When I shut it completely off, no stumbling. Of course the dealer hasn't called to check or tell me what they found out. And I also suspect they will tell me it's because I don't have AO48s. I have the new Direzza 2s. They may not be the 48 but they are very good and aren't the problem.

How come I feel like this is something I'll have to deal with forever?

If my GM dealer cared as little as my Lotus dealer, I would drive a ford.

·
Cyberdyne Model 101
347 Posts
Not fully defined but it's clearly traction control related. When I shut it completely off, no stumbling. Of course the dealer hasn't called to check or tell me what they found out. And I also suspect they will tell me it's because I don't have AO48s. I have the new Direzza 2s. They may not be the 48 but they are very good and aren't the problem.

How come I feel like this is something I'll have to deal with forever?

If my GM dealer cared as little as my Lotus dealer, I would drive a ford.

My car started doing this with AO48s and still does with R888s. But my ABS light is also on. The dealer even cleared it and said the system is fine but it never goes away. Like you when I turn off TC the problem goes away. I've just accepted it and I drive without TC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts