The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at Evora 400‘s and trying to understand this black lower rocker. Someone told me it was just vinyl stuck on? Wondering what others have done for protection on this area.

I also have seen how the lower factory PPF is done, but cannot confirm if PPF is on top of this black vinyl. I would like to PPF the car in this area so that is why I am trying to understand what it is exactly.

If it is black vinyl only, but has factory PPF on it, would you likely be able to get the factory PPF off without ruining the black vinyl?

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
567 Posts
It seems to be a mixed bag of painted or vinyl. If the window sticker states a factory black pack option it's probably painted. Some dealers started the whole thing as a dealer option on the S1 cars. Lotus then started to offer it. I may have some of these facts wrong.

If it indeed vinyl, I would hope the PPF is underneath. My reasoning being that PPF is more expensive and I wouldn't want the PPF ruined because the vinyl under it had issues. I also don't know if PPF sticks well to vinyl. Also I would think vinyl should be able to be removed over PPF. If it's the other way around for some reason I wouldn't worry if it damaged the vinyl, any decent shop that does wraps should be able to do that part pretty cheap. Wouldn't be too hard to DIY if needed.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
It should be visually obvious if the PPF is on the outside. But the window sticker will confirm what I see. A car with a black pack. Its been a thing for a long time now. Prime reason I wouldn't pull the plug ona GT, they all had it, including the last one a Secor....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Vinyl "stick on" over body color paint. Mine has the OEM PPF over just the small section behind the front mud flaps. Gets plenty of nicks from pebbles etc. so does serve as protection aside from improving the lines of the car. 6,000 miles on my 400 and that vinyl is discolored and beat up. Any wrap shop could bang that out quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts