The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any skiers or snowboarders among the Lower Mainland members?

There's a small window of opportunity where one could potentially take their Lotus on a late spring ski trip without worrying about road salt.

I think a pair of 168s or shorter might fit in an Elise, or a similar length snowboard that isn't too wide for the footwell. Bagged for safety of course.

An Evora could swallow more than a 168. I measured a potential of 190, maybe more!

Comfort and safety would probably be compromised.
Probably a terrible idea.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I tried it today.

My passenger, "Bernie," fit inside, but had to stretch out to the end of the footwell, face first into a pillow. Buckled in for safety.

159 cm, not too bad a fit. The bindings were a problem, hence flipping the board over to be able to slide it under the shelf. It needed a little push up from underneath, in the footwell, to clear the footrest.

So a ski/snowboard day is possible in the Elise, without any sketchy roof rack set ups. Just a sketchy looking character sitting in your passenger seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not a real drive, but I recently went to a sim racing shop in Richmond called Axon Driver Solutions. They were set up with force feedback wheels, chairs on hydraulics or something, and stick shifters. The sim they're running had Lotus cars, so I'm guessing it was Assetto Corsa. It didn't feel like my car of course, but was still good fun. Might be worth checking out if you're looking for something to do in the Lower Mainland on a bad-weather day.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts