The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Is the camber not adjustable? Almost certain it is in the S1 Evora’s.

If you’re just keen to lower though, the cups developed by GRP (I think) look like a good, well priced option.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Just curious, are you looking to do it for track performance or just car show stuff?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Purely for the track. I've got front negative camber at -2.2 with GT4 control arms but can't find anything for the rear so I'm stuck at -1.8 there. Looking for at least around -2.5.

Does anyone have track experience with the GRP lowering cups? Its certainly alot cheaper than the coil-over kit but I'm worried about reliability on the track.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I built my own coilovers, based on the shocks from the Bilstein motorsports catalog. They are adjustable on rebound/compression and could be ride height adjustable if you wanted. Mine are fixed, but that is for SCCA racing rules. I actually built 2 sets. @jdawson has the other set sitting in his garage, never used. I'm sure he would let them go for basically cost if that interests you. It's pro motorports level kit.

For more alignment authority, you might be able to get by with some offset bushings on the lower control arm in the rear. I get about -2.3 camber in the rear at stock ride height. I would think offset bushings would be good for another 0.5 degees, although I haven't tried it.

donour

·
Vendor
1,223 Posts
Purely for the track. I've got front negative camber at -2.2 with GT4 control arms but can't find anything for the rear so I'm stuck at -1.8 there. Looking for at least around -2.5.

Does anyone have track experience with the GRP lowering cups? Its certainly alot cheaper than the coil-over kit but I'm worried about reliability on the track.
If you are looking for track purpose suspension you should consider coilovers, the oem suspension is great but could be better for track use.
We have a set of the lowering cup on our shop 400 and it has no ill effects but is more of a street purpose product since the coilovers are not adjustable with ride height or compression/rebound.
Shoot us an email about coilovers and getting more camber out of the 400, happy to help! [email protected]

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hello Putnam,

Where did you get the GT4 control arms from? Looking for a set myself … need way more front camber!

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don’t have a 400, but I do have Nitron coilovers that we’re sourced through GRP. I chose to lower mine quite a bit. I love them.
Looks like air ride on bump stops /forums/images/LotusTalk_2015/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png I dont think the bodywork / arch liners are going to like that for long.
I’ve had it like this for a year and a half. Bodywork and arch liners are just as they are from day one. Granted I avoid steep entrances and mammoth speed bumps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts