The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any companies sell lowering springs for the Elise? I realize I can get a whole coilover setup, but I don't want to drop that kind of money to lower it ~1" or so.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not sure about lowering springs, but I got access to a lathe and cut some new spring-seat circlips groves at -5, -10 and -15mm on the standard Exige billies. Cost = 0$ + about a days work in inlaws garage...

& if you cant do it, you could ask a garage to do it for you.

Oh, actually, you also need to consider a geo after the lowering...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'lll have to look into machine the seats. I don't have any of that equipment, but my brother is a machinist/engineer for Smith & Wesson. I just so happen to be going to visit him next month.

I've owned a metric ton of cars/trucks in the last ~15 years but never a Geo (yet?)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'lll have to look into machine the seats. I don't have any of that equipment, but my brother is a machinist/engineer for Smith & Wesson. I just so happen to be going to visit him next month.

I've owned a metric ton of cars/trucks in the last ~15 years but never a Geo (yet?)
Just in case there's misunderstanding, I meant a geometry check; lowering will change the angle of wheels to the surface and checking/adjusting to make sure it hasn't changed the handling characteristics or wear pattern etc....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts