The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to lower the seat at all? I am 6'2 and find that i don't have great visibility out of the front because my eyes are looking at the window trim and a-pillars all the time.

-Steve

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Some custom fixed side mounts might do the trick if you want to retain your stock seat. Of course you will lose the ability to move the seat forward or back.

Our ReVerie seats also lower seat height by approx 1". You could try out our demo seat. Give me a call to discuss (951)551.0900

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
offroadr35 said:
Is there any way to lower the seat at all?
No. All you could do is probably remove some of the padding, so you sit lower 'in' the seat instead of on top of it. (getting some old S1 seats could do the trick..)

Look under the seats and you'll see that there's only a few mm between the sheet aluminium floor and the bottom of the seat, so lowering the seat itself by any noticable margin is not possible.

Bye, Arno.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
If your on-the-roll visibility is okay but you can't see traffic lights when you're near them the seat change won't do much. Something like a lightinsight would work wonders though.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I too am looking for a seat to give me a little more headroom. I wonder if I can move the seat a little forward and tip it back to give me even more headroom.

As far as visibility, I like to just look over the windshield entirely in my convertible. Which of course doesn't work when the top is on. So, keep it off whenever possible :)

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>As far as visibility, I like to just look over the windshield entirely in my convertible. Which of course doesn't work when the top is on. So, keep it off whenever possible <<<

That why I got the lightinsight. I yanked the driver's side sun visor, which is part of the visibility problem. And slapped on the little lens device and voila, no more stress at traffic lights. It installs instantly, is removeable and really helps.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Re: Re: Lowering the seat?

Arno said:
No. All you could do is probably remove some of the padding, so you sit lower 'in' the seat instead of on top of it. (getting some old S1 seats could do the trick..)

Look under the seats and you'll see that there's only a few mm between the sheet aluminium floor and the bottom of the seat, so lowering the seat itself by any noticable margin is not possible.

Bye, Arno.
What padding? I think they forgot to put that in my car :D

Seriously, if the seat is just about down to the aluminum floor how can the Reverie seats help gain 1"? Aren't the seat tracks mounted higher than the floor on the raised / ribbed aluminum part of the floor? perhaps there is a way to mount the seat fixed as in the passenger side directly to the floor without any track and thus gain some precious head room and maybe even push the seat back a little. I personally need more leg room instead of more head room and it seems that the seat could go back a few inches.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Lowering the seat?

NtflBlueLiz said:
What padding? I think they forgot to put that in my car :D
Guess you've never sat in an S1 seat. The S2 and especially fed-elise seats are positively 'luxury' and 'extremely padded' compared to these..

Seriously, if the seat is just about down to the aluminum floor how can the Reverie seats help gain 1"?
They use little or no padding. You're pretty much sitting on the CF directly.

Aren't the seat tracks mounted higher than the floor on the raised / ribbed aluminum part of the floor?

Yes. And both the driver and passenger seat actually extend/sink below the runners they are mounted on.

There is no heigt difference between the driver and passenger seat.

perhaps there is a way to mount the seat fixed as in the passenger side directly to the floor without any track and thus gain some precious head room and maybe even push the seat back a little.
Both seats are mounted on the chassis rails. You can not mount seats to the aluminium floor sheet as it's only around 2mm thick and will not support a seat, let alone the forces the seat belts put on the seat frame in a crash.

Only difference between the passenger and drivers side is that one is on an adjustable runnner, while the other is on a fixed 'runner'/frame.

Seems like the Fed-Elise drivers seat does not slide as far back as on the older Elises. I have seen the same on the Opel Speedster and I think they use the same runners on the fed-Elise.

Perhaps a set of old-style euro Elise (rover-powered) seat runners can help you to get more leg room.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Fred,
The reverie seats are lower because they have no padding unless you put it on as the padding is optional use.

Chris

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Arno, Chris, Thanks for the explanation.
Maybe I should check on the seat track of the S1 Elise to see if it would help moving the seat back or else I could see if new holes can be drilled on the frame to mount the track 1" or so further back. This is going to be the first weekend when I actually have the time to play with my car and check things out so I'll do some looking around and see what i can come up with.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Fred,

Have you pulled the visor off yet? I pulled that off and it made a huge difference.

Patrick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts