The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am playing with the idea of getting an Evora, but the prices that I am seeing are putting it out of my reach.
My wife (Kathy) and I want another fun car since we are both young and don't have kids yet. Personally I want an Elise or an Exige but Kathy can't stand them. We test drove some Elises a few years ago and she just couldn't get over the lack of carpets, trunk, well... you guys know. I loved it for all the same reasons. The Evora is much more liveable for a car that will probably be driven daily and more importantly my wife approves!
Now that the Evora is a couple of years old I was hoping that the prices would be lower. I just started looking, the Evora really wasn't on my radar until my wife saw one and said "you should get one of those".
Now I have the challenge of trying to source one for under $45k since that's my absolute maximum which I can't really afford. Hopefully there is a higher mileage, base model 2010 out there...
What's the lowest price you guys have seen one of these go for used (that wasn't a wrecked car)?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
$45K? No way... If you find one, Kudos, but really, you're looking for that owner who'll take a bath on his 2010 :)

You won't find it in that price range.. Plus, there aren't too many used Evoras out there to begin with. There's one selling for $57k in Huntington Beach w/8100 miles on the odo.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just bought mine 2 months ago.

2010 Starlight Black, 2+2
Sport package
Tech package
Premium package
CR gearbox
Anthracite wheels
2k miles on odo
1 previous owner
Purchased it from my local Lotus dealer
$49,700

The catch, it was a Lotus buy back. The original owner kept bringing it in for a dead battery because he refused to adhere to the user manual instructions about battery care for occasional use. Lotus of Cali had to buy it back. The car is fully warrantied and is perfectly fine. Carfax just has that alert on it, so I will have to pass my discount down the line when (NEVER) I sell it. This is my second Lemon Law car, and I think it is the best deal going.

I'd say that is about as cheap as a fully loaded 2010 is going to get - and finding a Lotus buy back is about like finding a needle in a haystack. I do not see 45k being possible at this time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was a fantastic deal, especially with the dealership backing! The Evoras look great in black too.
I would need to find one with a clean record. Even though there is nothing wrong with a lemon law buyback the financial institutions don't like to lend money on those.
If I can't afford an Evora now maybe I can leverage that to get an Elise now, drive it for a year and then trade it in on an Evora later :cool:

·
Registered
498 Posts
That was a fantastic deal, especially with the dealership backing! The Evoras look great in black too.
I would need to find one with a clean record. Even though there is nothing wrong with a lemon law buyback the financial institutions don't like to lend money on those.
If I can't afford an Evora now maybe I can leverage that to get an Elise now, drive it for a year and then trade it in on an Evora later :cool:
Be patient the Evora's demand has increased on the lower priced cars so it will be a little tough. Since summer is approaching this is the worst time to buy a high-end car. Best time is at the end of the year, during the cooler months or when the manufacture has a product change. In 1st Q 2012 I found 3 2010's with a clean title (Under 4k miles) all under 50k. This dealer (worldimportsusa) had a few last month. I went with a new 2011 and was able to get 17k off MSRP.;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
This dealer (worldimportsusa) had a few last month & one was black. I went with a new 2011 and was able to get over 16k off MSRP.;)
Hey, that is MY dealer :-D. I think you might have seen my car (still listed on the website). Jimmy is great there, and Pat in the service dept is top notch.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I've been watching prices closely and you're probably going to have to wait another year to 18 months to have a choice below $45k. There was one that sold in NJ a couple of months ago for $47k with 18k miles. It was a legit deal and the car was sound but there was a unique circumstance (nothing to do with the car) of why it was for sale so was priced below market to shift it.

There are a few dropping into the 40s now but realistically, right now, used ones are probably low-mid $50k cars so I figure another year and the mileage that will add get them regularly into the 40s. I'm still trying to gauge where they'll bottom out at, I'm thinking low/mid thirties once they hit five years and they'll probably sit there.

I have a feeling the S and IPS cars will probably hold their values a little better down the road

1 - 7 of 7 Posts