The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I had a little down time here at the shop, so i decided to give my beat up old laptop a new paint job! Well I carefully disassembled the computer, preped and primed the top panel, then got busy and stuffed it all in a box.

So I finally got it painted and all put back together! I'm typing this post on it right now! And all the keys work :clap:

I've always been into lowriders and their crazy candy paint jobs, so I went with the brightest green paint sample I could find. Then I doubled the amount of pearl in the formula :crazyeyes and put about 15 coats of clear. I think it came out kinda cool!

Honestly, the pic does no justice for the color. But you guys get the idea!

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
looks cool, i've got one in hok kameleon.

I did one of my ibooks in a deep blue HOK flake, but i'd never used flake before, total disaster, reminded me of the importance of testing first, pity it'd have turned out awesome since you can pull the white colour off the ibook and its a translucent case, so i painted it from the inside out.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Cool!

I merely made some decals for mine...

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
When the warranty on my aluminum PowerBook expires, I'm gonna anodize it. Groovy.

All three pics look great, BTW.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
yeah i'm using decals too,its a lot easier!

my xps 1530, and a yet to be adorned i really don't want to cover my carbon fibre laptop with anything.

both gelaskins.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
heh nope, the darn thing is just so darn hip that i've maybe used it for a total of 5 hours since i've owned it.

yeah i plan to be out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts