The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally going to get my Lowtush splitter installed. A buddy's body shop is going to do it for me for a 12 pack of Gumballhead (saves me the hassle).

Fasteners/driling - easy.

The guy recommended putting some urethane in the gap (between the clam on the top of the splitter). I'm sure it would provide a nice finished look (and would be on the starshield effectively).

I think I remember seeing something about that being a bad idea (clam pulling away/sacrificial).

Has anyone done that? Any input?

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,310 Posts
Why cant the splitters just fit up tighter? I have a CF Reverie splitter and it fits well except for the gap under the license plate area. Reverie supplies foam to fill the void, but why not just fix the mold?

·
Registered
956 Posts
I just installed a Lowtush splitter a couple days ago using 10 fasteners. There is no need for any filler. The splitter fits up against the car almost perfectly, except in the corners in front of the tires where there is about a .25" gap. Filling it with anything would look like crap IMO.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Are you painting it or is the splitter carbon? If in needs a litte pre paint adjustment just use body filler. If its carbon I would use foam tape across the whole edge for a nice flush fit.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
My Reverie had a few fasteners but was primarily held on with RTV. It sacrificed itself last year without damaging the clam at all. I actually don't think it really matters how you mount it. These short thin section CF splitters are so brittle, they just fold under and snap off cleanly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts