The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be picking up my car in a week or 2 in NY and drving it 4 hours back to PA. Any problems I should be aware of with LSS tires and the cold temps?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
No problems, just less grip. No different than any other tire, but do not expect the same grippiness that the A048s have at temp.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nah, drive like a guy who just bought a new car....Not a guy who just bought a race car and you will be fine......

If its snowing ........Leave it in New York.....Those tires suck in foul weather....Below 50 they are not as effective as they are when its 80 outside but you knew that

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Will be picking up my car in a week or 2 in NY and drving it 4 hours back to PA. Any problems I should be aware of with LSS tires and the cold temps?<<<

Make sure your tire pressures are set properly and be extra careful for the first few miles so that the tread can warm up a bit. The LSS tires also don't want to experience 14 F and below as the compound can start to freeze up. Keep 'em above that temperature. Things like cracking can occur, and apparently other bad stuff.

You should have no trouble with the drive back given the forecast temperatures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts