The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those with Sport Pack wheels,

Have you found it difficult to get the brake dust and dirt out from between the spokes? Here's a simple way to get that narrow space clean...

A 1-2" wide foam paint brush for $0.59 each at your hardware store does the trick! Dip it into your soapy car wash solution, then rinse, wipe dry and your wheels will sparkle!

Kiyoshi

Attachments

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
That is much better than the chopstick wrapped in towel that I have been using:clap:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Using a Chinese brush and a chop stick to clean a British Car? What's this world coming to? :shrug:

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
A regular wheel brush with the soft bristles works well too. If you Rejex the wheels the dust practically falls off with water or water/mild soap.

·
Registered
866 Posts
It looks like a wheel popsical! Sorry, stupid comment. I will put myself on posting probation for everyones' benifit. :p

·
Registered
687 Posts
pianomaniac said:
Using a Chinese brush and a chop stick to clean a British Car? What's this world coming to? :shrug:
The Elise isn't pure British, anyway. The engine/tranny and tires are Japanese; the body is French; the stereo, dampers, springs, and airbags are German; the steering wheel and half the brakes are Italian, the windshield and ABS are American, the chassis is Norwegian, the bonding adhesive is Swiss... hell, even Lotus itself is owned by Malaysians!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Dan said:
The Elise isn't pure British, anyway. The engine/tranny and tires are Japanese; the body is French; the stereo, dampers, springs, and airbags are German; the steering wheel and half the brakes are Italian, the windshield and ABS are American, the chassis is Norwegian, the bonding adhesive is Swiss... hell, even Lotus itself is owned by Malaysians!
Can't argue with that answer! :clap:

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Plus the rims are Russian and the hand holding the Chinese brush is American of Japanese descent. A very international car.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Plus the rims are Russian and the hand holding the Chinese brush is American of Japanese descent. A very international car.
I just happened to be detailing a set of stock LTS rims (now if only I had the rest of the car), and I remember it was stamped"UK". Are the LSS rims Russian and the standard rims UK?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I believe only the LSS rims were Russian.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Who makes the Sport Pack wheels? The AEI article only mentions Rimstock. As far as I know, Rimstock is based in the U.K. Does Rimstock manufacture wheels in Russia?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Then?

pianomaniac said:
right!!!!!!! it is a british car.. use a fork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts