The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how much the LSS wheels cost (I assume the only way to get them is thru Lotus as a replacement, extra set, etc.)?

I just tried calling around to a couple dealers and got a few outrageously high prices, several "I don't see them listed in this Lotus brochure I have here", and several "I don't know, I'll have to call you back".

Has anyone priced them out?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I don't recall exactly, but Lotus told me around $460 a wheel. Slightly more for the rear, slightly less for the front.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
My dealer told me they weren't available, and to look at SSRs.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Just an FYI, but if you like to have your wheels looking clean the LSS wheels are not for you. They are a real pain to clean because of all the angles and crevices.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Maybe try using Rejex on the wheels? For a few months, dirt and brake dust will practically fall off when you wash. And you don't use anything harsh on them since that would remove the Rejex.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just as a few data points, HRM quoted $617 ea. for the fronts, $668 ea. for the rears, bring the cost of 4 wheels $2570!! Seems odd that the cost of just the wheels is more than the sport pack itself.

Fox Valley said $580 ea. for the front, $622 ea. for the rear, but they were painted rims and not annodized like from the factory. :confused:

Several other dealers didn't think they were available, others were going to call me back and haven't called yet.

I feel bad for anyone who bends an LSS rim.

·
Registered
394 Posts
adamant said:
Just an FYI, but if you like to have your wheels looking clean the LSS wheels are not for you. They are a real pain to clean because of all the angles and crevices.
I actually think they are real easy to clean, my Subi STI and e30 M3 were a real pain to clean....

ADam P

1 - 8 of 8 Posts