The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really not liking the LSS wheels... can someone convince me that they look better in person than in photos? Any word whether they will be available black?

Thanks,

Thomas

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not the prettiest things in the world, but a vast improvement over the Euro LSS wheels (OZ Superturisumo).

I don't think anything would look cooler than a nice set of SSR Comps. ($$$$$$$$)

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd pass on the LSS, but for:

-the great tires
-the fact that the wheels are forged
-the wider front wheel width

If only they were black, maybe they wouldn't stand out so much.

In my opinion, they really don't fit the car's character.

T.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a big fan of diversity, so it's cool that we all like different things. I think I'd like them if they were gunmetal or black. I suppose that powdercoat is an option, but a shame to have to dismount and remount the tires just to do that.

T.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I like the LLS wheels but won't get it since I don't need the sports suspension.

Maybe in the future we could have a trade-your-wheels forum. :)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I haven't seen them in person, but they look ok. Not great. My favorite wheel style is 6 wide spokes (TE37 style). Something like this (Prodrive GC06, picture borrowed from Mastro WRX):

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Subaru guys love those wheels! :)

To me, those are signature Subaru wheels. The Elise nees a signature wheel, too.

T.

·
Registered
67 Posts
One of the reasons that I want the LSS package is because of the wheels. A picture of those rims and tires with the brake hardware behind them is enough to get me a little too excited. My girlfriend is getting a little jealous (wait until I actually get the car).

·
Registered
247 Posts
Odog said:
One of the reasons that I want the LSS package is because of the wheels. A picture of those rims and tires with the brake hardware behind them is enough to get me a little too excited. My girlfriend is getting a little jealous (wait until I actually get the car).
You took the words right out of my mouth:D
I LOVE THE LSS WHEELS
Maybe that should be my new signature...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,146 Posts
I love those LSS rims. They look fantastic in person. Their machined appearance adds to the 'tech' flavor. Of course the most important fact is that they are much lighter and stronger.

I've been talking with several reputable custom wheel manufacturers and they admit it will be tough to beat the wheels Lotus has developed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
LSS all the way

Thanks to those who like the LSS wheels. As a matter of fact, as Odog said this is the reason I'm getting LSS. as I said in the LSS post. DIE HARD LSS! (because of the wheels and especially the wicked tires.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The LSS wheels are quite amazing when viewed close up. Thay are machined from a single block of alloy, and you can really see this and feel it.
It's a very high quality piece of work.
Sign me up.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The LSS wheel looks great, imo, and has surpassed my expectations for the LSS wheel. From what I am reading on the 'net, they are lightweight, perhaps comparable to my lightweight CE28Ns for the S2000.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts