The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched the site and didn't find an answer...

Which wheels are coming to the U.S. w/ the LSS option? I assume they will be the O.Z. wheels, but do we know for sure? Anyone have a picture?

I'm not very fond of the 8-spoke wheels.

Thomas

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's more like it!

Do we know that these are a sure thing?

T.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I don't think it's a given. The 8-spokers are, but I've heard nothing definitive on the OZ's and I hope they are not chosen. I'd love to see them go with a lighter wheel (and better looking one for that matter).

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
>>... yeah, like the Superleggera

Those are my favorite! Is there a photo of an Elise w/ the Superleggera wheels?

Thomas

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
I like wheels that have some lip to the rim. The deeper the lip the more aggressive the car appears. These flat wheels, with spokes right to the edge of the rim are not as appealing to me - though they do create the illusion that the wheel is bigger.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Mapes, I agree completely. I really like the KMS wheels, also. I'm in for a group buy, whenever we figure out the lug pattern.

Cade

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Wheels with a 'lip' on the rim are often tricky on the Elise, especially at the front.

The front brake calipher size and the offset meas that you need quite some backspacing behind the wheel spokes to clear the calipher.

This usually means you only get away with wheels that have the spokes 'flat' with the outside, or the KMS style wheels which are curved strongly.

Wheels like the AZEV 'A' type for instance simply don't fit at the front because of this reason (been there, done that :D ), even though thay are available in the correct offset and such. The calipher hits the spokes.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Those black oz/s look quite nice on the yellow car.

Great tips Arno, btw, has your car been fixed yet?
Chris

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Great tips Arno, btw, has your car been fixed yet?
Almost.. Big bits are done. New crash structure has been bonded on, new clam has been sprayed and put on the car and everything re-assembled.

Unfortunately some parts were incorrect when delivered (eg. right indication instead of a left indicator), so now waiting to get the right bits.

Once I get it back I'll quickly have to put my winter wheels and snow tires on...

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
MotorCade said:
Mapes, I agree completely. I really like the KMS wheels, also. I'm in for a group buy, whenever we figure out the lug pattern.

Cade
Me too!

·
Registered
592 Posts
BrianK, thanks for the nice side by side view.

I am lucky because I like the 8 spokes best, but I prefer the smoke grey over the bright silver. The 16 spokes are too busy for my taste.

This is one area where I am sure there will be big differences because it is so subjective.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts