The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What really are the "LSS" Elise? Any Elise with sport-pack? or was it some sort of limited-edition? I saw some Elises with small Lotus Sport stickers at the back (where the "Elise" sticker normally goes), but not sure if they came that way (are they the LSS Elise) or just decals they got after-market.

:shrug:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
What really are the "LSS" Elise? Any Elise with sport-pack? or was it some sort of limited-edition? I saw some Elises with small Lotus Sport stickers at the back (where the "Elise" sticker normally goes), but not sure if they came that way (are they the LSS Elise) or just decals they got after-market.
"LSS" is an unofficial term for "Lotus Sport Suspension" - the unofficial name given to the Sport Pack Package back when the Elise was first being brought to the US and nobody really knew the proper names for packages, etc.

Any "LSS" stickers that you have seen are not original as Lotus doesn't make the stickers, or even use the term "LSS" or "Lotus Sports Suspension".

·
Registered
817 Posts

I have only seen the Lotus Sport stickers on the 50 Lotus Sports that were brought to the US in 2006. Most of my friends ask why I don't have an "Elise" sticker. Not that they'd know the difference between mine and an Exige anyway...

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
"LSS" is an unofficial term for "Lotus Sport Suspension" - the unofficial name given to the Sport Pack Package back when the Elise was first being brought to the US and nobody really knew the proper names for packages, etc.

Any "LSS" stickers that you have seen are not original as Lotus doesn't make the stickers, or even use the term "LSS" or "Lotus Sports Suspension".
He didn't say he saw an Elise with an "LSS" sticker.-poke-
I saw some Elises with small Lotus Sport stickers at the back (where the "Elise" sticker normally goes), but not sure if they came that way (are they the LSS Elise) or just decals they got after-market.
The REAL answer to your question is YES, there is a special edition Lotus Sport ,which is a 1 of 50 car, that has a "Lotus Sport" decal where "Elise" is usually found. This is not an aftermarket sticker. What you see here is from the factory.
109_0905 - Copy.JPG

Do not confuse that with "LSS" which is a standard Elise with the sport suspension, sport rims and the A048's. The car above has even considerably more upgrades to the suspension and can't even be raced in the same autocross classification as an Elise with LSS.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

You can get the Lotus Sport stickers from Lotus - if that's part of why you're asking.
:)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
He didn't say he saw an Elise with an "LSS" sticker.-poke-

The REAL answer to your question is YES, there is a special edition Lotus Sport ,which is a 1 of 50 car, that has a "Lotus Sport" decal where "Elise" is usually found. This is not an aftermarket sticker. What you see here is from the factory.
Woops. The first question was about LSS, I took the second part to be along the same lines.

We now know that there are no "LSS" stickers - at least from the factory. There are "Lotus Sport" stickers that come from the factory on the special version called the "Lotus Sport".

Sorry for not catching that the first time around...

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
LSS is a different animal than the Lotus Sport Elise package like Cali and I have. LSS is as described above, yet the Lotus Sport package went the next step higher.
I can see why the confusion, the original question is kind of a two parter.

This thread went wrong when Tim flexed his brain as always....;) tho good correction.
and RT just pointed to Uberpost.

.....I feel sorry for original poster.

Rugby your answer was the only succint and to the point answer......that's the way we should help people asking questions. :clap:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
This thread went wrong when Tim flexed his brain as always....;) tho good correction.
and RT just pointed to Uberpost.
Good God.....
If anyone bothered to click on my link, I didn't just direct him to the Uberpost....it was the page of abreviations with 'LSS' right there for him to see. I'm so sorry for trying to be helpful. My apologies to any LTer who was annoyed by my efforts. From now on I'll ask the advice of those so much wiser than me on how to provide help.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Good God.....
If anyone bothered to click on my link, I didn't just direct him to the Uberpost....it was the page of abreviations with 'LSS' right there for him to see. I'm so sorry for trying to be helpful. My apologies to any LTer who was annoyed by my efforts. From now on I'll ask the advice of those so much wiser than me on how to provide help.
:D

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Good God.....
Okay;)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Good God.....
:D

Do you prefer to be cained or flogged?

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
The green and yellow goose (or whatever it is :D) and Mr. Darby prefer there overpowered oponents to first be chained, then flogged - just to be safe that they get the punishment they deserve... fencing.gif

·
Registered
288 Posts
The green and yellow goose (or whatever it is :D) and Mr. Darby prefer there overpowered oponents to first be chained, then flogged - just to be safe that they get the punishment they deserve... View attachment 80701

rotfl
Yes, I demand that my butcher demoralizes my beef before slaughter too. I love it when they look up with those sad cow eyes after being yelled at and told that they are worthless....then POW!....dinner.

RT, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Woo hoo, another Lotus Sport Elise checking in! :D

But do you guys get the little dirty squares around your sticker on the back? I can't get it cleaned so the sticker doesn't show..

Also, I'm still trying to figure out what else came with the car that you can't see, suspension, stainless steel brake lines, clutch.. is there anything else special performance/handling wise?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts