The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I know this is post is a little late but I felt that I wanted to share because many members on this forum know my father Todd (GR82DRV) personally, or via chatting on LT. Anyhow, I wanted to let fellow LT members know that Todd passed away after a 3 year battle with cancer on July 16th. My father was an amazing role model, was the reason I got into cars (especially Lotus) which ultimately led to my career in the auto industry!

Here is a link to his obituary for those who are interested: https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/stevenspointjournal/obituary.aspx?n=todd-cook&pid=193418761

Lotus wise, we hope to keep his Elise in the family and I am hoping my younger brother will be able to properly care for it.

I will end by posting this old photo since it is very fitting:

-Robert

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Sorry for your loss although that is tempered by that legendary photo and the love of cars he clearly instilled in you... allowing him to live on in our memories!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sounds like you guys were close which I'm sure he valued beyond anything else.

I'm sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
341 Posts
That is very special that you and your dad shared such a passion for cars/Lotus. Stay strong brother, we are all thinking of you. Thank you for sharing. ; )

Reactions: Me!

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
856 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. I met you guys on my very first spirited drive back in May of 2014! Photos are from that drive. It was good to chat with him at that event and all the meets and drives after this one and I’m glad I got to meet him through our love of goofy little cars. He will be dearly missed.

Attachments

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,372 Posts
My condolences to you and your family. Glad the two of you were able to find a common passion to enjoy together.

·
Lotus Technician
103 Posts
I am so sorry to hear he passed. I loved when your dad (and you) would visit the shop. He was a great man, and has clearly passed that on to you Rob. Best wishes to your family in this difficult time.

R.I.P. Todd

T.J.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
My condolences to you and your family. A father and son's bond is one of the greatest things one can have in life. I hope you will forever remember the good times you had together and that it may bring comfort in your loss.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear that. You both look very happy in the picture. Thanks for sharing it with us.

San

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear, my condolences!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I lost my Wife while a member here. Everyone goes to a better place and they will always live in our hearts.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for the kind words! This is why I love the lotus community!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Thank you all for the kind words! This is why I love the lotus community!
It's a very small thing for us to try to share your loss. It's a very large thing for you to share it with us.

I lost my little brother 30+ years ago. To this day it's the most devastating thing I've ever dealt with.

There are no words to adequately express sympathy for the loss of a loved one. Any attempt is appreciated.

San

1 - 16 of 16 Posts