The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lotus Driving Academy
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I go to LT on Safari an advertisement page pops up and starts to auto download a fake flash player installer. I had to switch to Chrome to get on LT. Tested on multiple Macs.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,047 Posts
When I go to LT on Safari an advertisement page pops up and starts to auto download a fake flash player installer. I had to switch to Chrome to get on LT. Tested on multiple Macs.
I use Safari on a Mac every day with no issues. Sounds like you have a bug (or two).

San

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,047 Posts
There's another thread mentioning the Flash Player issue. I personally don't have this issue using Safari on a Mac with Flash Player. Hopefully an administrator chimes in here.

San

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
102ndcar --

I also use a Mac with Safari and am having no problems. While I have Adobe Flash Player installed, I have it disabled for all but one or two sites.

To echo what Obeisance suggested in the Flash Player thread, you might want to disable the Flash Player for this web site. Here is how to do that (the instructions may vary a little, depending on the version of Safari you are using (I am using v10.0.3):

1) Click on “Safari” and select “Preferences”

2) In “Preferences”, select the “Security” tab

3) In the “Security” panel, check the check box for “Internet plug-ins”

4) Next, click on “Plug-in Settings”

5) In the window that opens, on the left side you should see a listing of the various plug-ins you have installed in Safari; the check box next to ,“Adobe Flash Player” should selected. On the right side “lotustalk.com” should be selected, and next to that you should be able to select “ask”, “off” or “on”. Try selecting “off”. Then, at the bottom of the window, “done”.

6) At this point you can close the Security pane.

7) To see if this worked, quite Safari, then re-launch it and go to louytstalk.com as you usually would.

VERY IMPORTANT: There are lots of security issues associated with Flash Player, and Adobe released a new version last week. To see if you have the correct version for the version of macOS and the version of Safari that you have installed, make note of the version of Adobe Flash Player that was shown in the step above (it should be listed just below “Adobe Flash Player”) and check with the Adobe website. If it is not the most current available (for the version of macOS and the version of Safari that you have installed), you should probably download and install it.

I hope this helps!

-- Mike

·
Lotus Driving Academy
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
102ndcar --

I also use a Mac with Safari and am having no problems. While I have Adobe Flash Player installed, I have it disabled for all but one or two sites.

To echo what Obeisance suggested in the Flash Player thread, you might want to disable the Flash Player for this web site. Here is how to do that (the instructions may vary a little, depending on the version of Safari you are using (I am using v10.0.3):

1) Click on ?Safari? and select ?Preferences?

2) In ?Preferences?, select the ?Security? tab

3) In the ?Security? panel, check the check box for ?Internet plug-ins?

4) Next, click on ?Plug-in Settings?

5) In the window that opens, on the left side you should see a listing of the various plug-ins you have installed in Safari; the check box next to ,?Adobe Flash Player? should selected. On the right side ?lotustalk.com? should be selected, and next to that you should be able to select ?ask?, ?off? or ?on?. Try selecting ?off?. Then, at the bottom of the window, ?done?.

6) At this point you can close the Security pane.

7) To see if this worked, quite Safari, then re-launch it and go to louytstalk.com as you usually would.

VERY IMPORTANT: There are lots of security issues associated with Flash Player, and Adobe released a new version last week. To see if you have the correct version for the version of macOS and the version of Safari that you have installed, make note of the version of Adobe Flash Player that was shown in the step above (it should be listed just below ?Adobe Flash Player?) and check with the Adobe website. If it is not the most current available (for the version of macOS and the version of Safari that you have installed), you should probably download and install it.

I hope this helps!

-- Mike
Mike I appreciate the instructions but this is not related to flash. This is a bad advertisement that's promoting malware coming from Lotus talk. It's now doing it on Chrome as well. It's a fake flash player download and has nothing to do with the real one. Also my mac is literally brand new, in response to oldmansan (James), and it's doing it on multiple computers I have tried.

·
Registered
126 Posts
under safari preferences
security, "disable javascript"
while in security, privacy "Remove all website data"
never use a paid security service like mackeeper etc
run "disk repair" under applications, utilities
malwarebytes might be the only free app u need

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a mac and I recommend to export your bookmarks
take safari and put it directly in trash
then get a better browser
chrome or firefox are much better

·
Lotus Driving Academy
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a mac and I recommend to export your bookmarks
take safari and put it directly in trash
then get a better browser
chrome or firefox are much better
I said above I also tried chrome. Anyway, as of today haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
it sounds like it was the flash. most of my extensions containing flash have been automatically disabled by chrome.
if it happens again do a search for pepperflash. That is usually the culprit

·
Will work for tires
661 Posts
Could be another admin put in a request for a block on the source of these popups. If you get it again, link is best for us to track down this, but screenshots will be welcome too

Kevin
This just happened to me again for the first time since Feb. Attached is a screenshot of the page if randomly directed me to without me clicking anything from the thread I was on.

Here is the address of the page I got randomly sent to: Internet Speed

Let me know if there is anymore information I can provide to help you resolve this problem.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
It could be the version IOS you're currently running…especially if you're running one of the new versions as a beta version. Check into that…maybe that's your culprit…?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts