1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Wow

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Did you see the pics at the end of the thread? Holy cow! That was a horrible accident. I don't know how the driver managed to survive that! I'm just glad he did. Makes me want to drive an M1 tank (with working turret and cannon.) That way I can blow-up big rigs before they hit me...

Bob

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wow. I'm speechless. I can't believe he survived that!

-Eric

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
transio said:
Incredible story. Lucky guy. I hope he gets $$$ outta that crash.
You mean the insurance money for the car, right? He says that he's OK. That's what this country needs, more lawsuits...

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
rtking said:
M1 tank (with working turret and cannon.) That way I can blow-up big rigs before they hit me...
With reactive armor.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
NMRJock said:
You mean the insurance money for the car, right? He says that he's OK. That's what this country needs, more lawsuits...
Just cause he is not hurt, he isn't suppose to sue?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Well, he should get money for the damage, but really the truck driver should be penalised by either having his license revoked, or possibly jail time for wreckless driving. The guy is very fortunate indeed, and he should get the $$$ he is owed. I dont think that should turn into a major lawsuit.

I can only imagine what is going through that guys head right now. Imagine steping aside, seing the car in that position, realising that you should have been dead. That's a freakin' miracle!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
I can only imagine what is going through that guys head right now.
Almost a metal rail...

Probably having semi thoughts of not driving again.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
nxm150 said:
Just cause he is not hurt, he isn't suppose to sue?
So long as he is compensated fairly for his actual damages, he absolutely shouldn't sue. So far as I can tell his damages include total loss of his car and a couple of hours in the hospital.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
I can only imagine what is going through that guys head right now. Imagine steping aside, seing the car in that position, realising that you should have been dead. That's a freakin' miracle!
I've been there. The shock of it keeps you from appreciating the full situation for a while. In my case, I suffered from PTSD for a few years. Only now getting over it.

EDIT: I have to qualify this... I haven't been THERE... but I've been in a bad accident.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
wow! lucky guy...whew, that's horrible. I'm glad to hear that he's ok. He didn't just walk away did he? I'm sure he would have been hurt somewhat?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
shay2nak said:
wow! lucky guy...whew, that's horrible. I'm glad to hear that he's ok. He didn't just walk away did he? I'm sure he would have been hurt somewhat?
At the very beginning of his thread:

"It took firecrews about 15-20 mins to extract me from the wreck. They cut the driver door and driver side a frame, the rest was destroyed in the wreck.

They took me to the Trauma unit, got looked over, and was released a couple of hours later. Few scratches and a black eye."

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Obviously the guy should get a new ride and hospital costs and some extra, but I can only shake my head in disbelief at the sue for major bucks, i.e., exaggerate ones injuries sentiment that is prevalent on the Subaru board. These are the same folks that complain about auto insurance costs or the costs of consumer goods (the guys company is the one that is going to get hammered) Is it any wonder why some companies are reluctant to sell here?

BTW the bumper on the truck he was pushed into had the extension to reach passenger vehicles. Lucky, otherwise he might have been decapitated.

It also reinforces the concept of leaving more room in front when driving a car that can brake on a dime even though it isn't clear exactly what happened in this case.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
GabbaGabbaHey said:
Obviously the guy should get a new ride and hospital costs and some extra, but I can only shake my head in disbelief at the sue for major bucks, i.e., exaggerate ones injuries sentiment that is prevalent on the Subaru board. These are the same folks that complain about auto insurance costs or the costs of consumer goods (the guys company is the one that is going to get hammered) Is it any wonder why some companies are reluctant to sell here?
Agreed. The sue for the stars lottery mentality & sense of self-entitlement is ruining American medicine & perverting our society.

What’s the difference between a personal injury lawyer and a catfish?

One is a scum-sucking bottom-dweller, the other is a fish.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Need4Speed said:
Agreed. The sue for the stars lottery mentality & sense of self-entitlement is ruining American medicine & perverting our society.[/I]
Yeah, that and selling Elise deposits on eBay :p

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Need4Speed said:
Agreed. The sue for the stars lottery mentality & sense of self-entitlement is ruining American medicine & perverting our society.
[/I]
Don't get me started. If he were to go to court, pictures like that might cause a viceral reaction from the judge/jury and he might get a chunky award; Or the threat of such thing might get him large settlement.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts