The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw some old threads about Lego and Lotus, so I thought you might like this.

Being a Lego and a Lotus fan, I decided to make a Lego Elise. I'm not completely happy with it, but it's OK. The front is quite high, because I placed the gearbox at the front. It has quite some functions:
-opening doors and trunk
-fake inline 4 driven by the wheels
-working 6-speed gearbox
-independent suspension
-steering
-differential
Hope you like it, there are more pictures in the flickr set.

Lotus Elise by luc.2000, on Flickr

Lotus Elise 1 by luc.2000, on Flickr

Lotus Elise 14 by luc.2000, on Flickr

Lotus Elise 15 by luc.2000, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Nice job Luc. My brother Jamie is a Lego set designer. He lives in Billund, Denmark. Some of the sets he has created are; The London Tower Bridge, the green grocer, the Emerald night, Café Corner and Cool Car to name a few:)
He surprised me with the cool car. It was inspired by my supercharged miata. Lol. Even the colors were right on. I'll forward him this thread. You can YouTube "Jamie Berard Lego" to see more.
I remember as a kid all he wanted to do was build amusement rides out of the millions of Lego bricks that he had. Good luck and keep on building.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the nice comments!
Other (non-Lotus) Lego creations are at my Flickr and Youtube account.

Nice job Luc. My brother Jamie is a Lego set designer. He lives in Billund, Denmark. Some of the sets he has created are; The London Tower Bridge, the green grocer, the Emerald night, Café Corner and Cool Car to name a few:)
He surprised me with the cool car. It was inspired by my supercharged miata. Lol. Even the colors were right on. I'll forward him this thread. You can YouTube "Jamie Berard Lego" to see more.
I remember as a kid all he wanted to do was build amusement rides out of the millions of Lego bricks that he had. Good luck and keep on building.
Your brother is Jamie Berard?!
He is a quite famous Lego designer, and the Modular Buildings (green grocer/cafe corner etc.) he designed belong to the most appreciated sets among Lego fans.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Thanks for all the nice comments!
Other (non-Lotus) Lego creations are at my Flickr and Youtube account.

Your brother is Jamie Berard?!
He is a quite famous Lego designer, and the Modular Buildings (green grocer/cafe corner etc.) he designed belong to the most appreciated sets among Lego fans.
Yes, he is my brother. It's funny, people will tell me "your parents must be so proud to have a doctor in the family", and I reply, "not really, my brother is a Lego set designer, and not many people can say they do that for a living". I'm very proud of my little brother. He is very talented and followed his dream.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
that is outstanding. But I don't think all those parts were available in 1960's when I was growing up. I think all you could do with Legos back then was Lotus Sevens.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
whoa

·
Registered
736 Posts
Pretty good, considering what you had to work with.
Brings me back to the good old days. I was a Lego Club member when I was around 8yrs old. Officially.....with the t-shirt and club card. It was serious then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Luc,

I think this is absolutely awesome! Could you please put up a construction manual?

Regards,
Erik
Maybe. Are you interested in the body or the chassis (gearbox/suspension/steering etc.)? I could make instructions for the body, with a much simpler frame and without the engine. You would need to buy a lot of parts. Bricklink is a good place to get them.

do the pistons move?
Yup. The drivetrain is not very realistic, though. I had to place the gearbox in the front, because there wasn't any room left near the engine. Here's a pic from the underside. I added some notes at the flickr page, that show the place of the gearbox, engine and differential. The middle shaft goes from the diff to the gearbox, the right one from the gearbox to the engine. Pretty complex for a lego car, huh? :cool:

Lotus Elise 19 by luc.2000, on Flickr

·
give me my second cam!
451 Posts
perfect color!:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Luc,

Thanks for the response. I'm interested in the construction manual for the entire car, however I do understand that it would be a hell of a job for you to compose such a manual...

Regards,
Erik

1 - 20 of 23 Posts