The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
Maybe take RapidLotus suggestion for pump and attach to hose forgetting the bracket.

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
I’m not sure I follow. It seems like the hose is the piece damaged. Am I looking at this mechanism wrong?
From the photo it looks like the hose to bellow connection. Not sure if there's enough barb to cut the hose off the bellow and slip the remaining hose on it. If not you just need to find a way to reattach or replace the bellow.

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
That inner spring looks like it is to reinforce the curve. It would need trimming to allow the hose to slip over but that barb but hose looks swollen and aged. Replace the whole thing or splice in the hose.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
519 Posts
Mine had also broken off before I bought the car, and mine also looks like the hose got brittle and broke. But it’s broken off in the seat frame, and I think you have to remove padding in the seat to get to the bladder. Not sure if it requires a new bladder or if a new hose piece can be spliced on. Looks like a job to do if replacing disintegrated seat foam padding. You can see the bladder in this seat foam replacement write up:

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
1,400 Posts
Upgrade with the following.

Inflatable Lumbar Support

This is also a good time to add some padding to the seats while you have the cover off,

I will be doing this project probably this winter. I would go with a whole new pump assemble as the stocks are prone to break.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
519 Posts
Upgrade with the following.

Inflatable Lumbar Support

This is also a good time to add some padding to the seats while you have the cover off,

I will be doing this project probably this winter. I would go with a whole new pump assemble as the stocks are prone to break.
I asked Dino, the parts guy at Gator Motorsport, what the lead time is on the bladder (B111V0117F), and there is no US or UK stock, so he joked/guessed 2-5 years. So after market would be quicker for sure.

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went Walgreens and bought a blood pressure monitor sleeve. It works perfectly and you reglue the fit to your liking. The bladder and bulb look and work identical. There are posts related to this.
So I’d assume you have to pull the bladder out to connect to the new blood pressure hose? I was hoping to avoid removing the bladder if possible but it’s seeming like that’s what I’ll need to do.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I asked Dino, the parts guy at Gator Motorsport, what the lead time is on the bladder (B111V0117F), and there is no US or UK stock, so he joked/guessed 2-5 years. So after market would be quicker for sure.
I went to Palm Beach Motors and ordered 2 of them and got them in a few days. However that was about 2 years ago. I did the foam and gel upgrades in the seats at the same time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts