The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help please...

I have a 2001 Elise mk2, with a MG engine.. I recently had the radiator replaced under warrenty and this revealed the air con had been smashed in (prob during a crash at sometime in its life)

Anyway - to cut a long story short, the garage has fixed the air con, the unit at the front end, and a corroded pipe down the sill and returned the car today..

It now has a lumpy idle, bouncing between 1500 and 2300. It drives itself almost. Im raging as it was working fine before these monkeys at the garage got hold of it (not a proper lotus dealer) :mad:Can anyone suggest what the issue may be??

It happens regardless if the air con is on or not..

Any help appreciated. I will be giving the garage some grief tomorrow morning but would like some idea of whats going on first. Thanks in advance

Paddy

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Not related to air con, but have you checked the throttle body?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No to be totally honest im not the worlds greatest mechanic...i do have a work shop manual which i can dip into but im fairly limited:huh:

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
It might be a vacuum leak, listen for hissing or spray something in the engine bay see if it changes, contact cleaner or such.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your replies on this. Took it to work today and stopped to put the roof back on when it started raining lol (yes i live in the north of england I deserve this......!) anyway it wouldnt start. turns out the battery is dead

Could this explain the lumpy idle???

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
it shouldn't, the altenator should supply enough juice, but the electrical system in the elise is quirky, so i'd be hesitant to say it doesn't affect it..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts