The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm Michael from Hoboken, NJ - in case my UID was too cryptic :D

I've been on LT for about 6 months now, most lurking, learning & absorbing as much information as I possibly could about the Elise. After lots of reading and searching for the perfect car, I located an incredible Elise right here on LT: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/sold-2005-lotus-elise-storm-titanium-red-59217/

So I went down to Louisiana and met Keith Wicker (who swears he will be back in another Elise down the road as soon as the time is right - and from what I saw, I believe him) and his wife Tina. What a great day, incredible gumbo, and I had the opportunity to meet their son who was celebrating his birthday. To round out my day of the Wicker's incredible hospitality. I sealed the deal on a beautiful 05 Storm Ti Elise.

The car is beautiful - Keith took such great care that I'm not sure you could tell it's not new. It was really great to get this car from someone who is as much of a car fanatic as I am. I drove it back from LA to NJ in 2 days (no tickets amazingly) - managing 2 quick diversions to Deal's Gap and Skyline Drive...both of which couldn't be experienced in a better way then from behind the wheel of a Lotus :) That was all it took...just 2 days of driving in the car and I'm completely hooked. I now have a completely new understanding of so many of the posts I've read from you guys for the past 6 months.

So, that's about it, just wanted to say hi and thank you all for making this great website such an incredible resource to all of us noobs. I look forward to getting to know you you all.

Best
Michael

Attachments

·
Banned
874 Posts
Welcome:)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Welcome!

If you do decide to go to the GPNY car show on Sunday a few of us are meeting up at my house and are cruising up together. I'm only about 6 miles from Hoboken.

You are welcome to join us!

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts
Great. welcome.

The local Lotus group is LEO, Lotus Enthusiasts Org, visit their website to get in on parties, picnics, drives, etc.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats Michael, great color combo!

If i see you around i'll definitely say hi - i just moved to Hoboken earlier this month! I've seen a Krypton Green elise around town as well...

So where do you park your car? I've been wrestling with Hoboken's limited parking options since i moved!

Hope to see you around sometime.

·
Premium Member
11,722 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the warm welcome and for the GPNY show heads-up...I would have loved to get out there, unfortunately had a family commitment this weekend. Hopefully there will be a meetup in the NY/NJ area again soon.

BTW - Pleased to announce that I made my maiden Lotus voyage onto the NJTP this weekend...78 down to 195 and back with no tix - Musta been my lucky day :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts