The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday looks to me to be a decent driving day. Cloudy low mid 40's high mid 60's (Laconia, NH).

I'm interested in a Northerly Route, maybe Lakes Region or Franconia Notch. If there is any interest let me know and we can firm things up.

-Jeff

·
Registered
239 Posts
Jeff,

Sounds interesting, what start and end time do you have in mind for Sunday? Where is the meeting point? I may be able to come but can't commit just yet.

Dave

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Dave- Time of day? I like early because I'm up at 6am anyway, but I don't expect to much traffic this early in the season. I would say 9am at RTE 93 North /NH Liquor store/ Tourist info center (just after the NH Toll plaza in Hooksett.

Contact me for details [email protected]

-Jeff

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul- I don't know what the weather will be like next weekend.

I have a break in my work schedule so this weekend works for me.

Sorry for the short notice... I just decided last night.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I wish I could make it, but I got shanghaied into putting a dock in. It sounds like a great route though.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Easy on the physical exertion. Don't want you to end up in the Hospital.
Thanks. I'll just do what I can and see how it goes. Have a safe run.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
BTW I got my Lotus Ltd. welcome package today so I will be good for next time. :shift:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW I got my Lotus Ltd. welcome package today so I will be good for next time. :shift:
That's kinda like when Steve Martin got his phone book in the mail :)

I'm a somebody now!

It's amazing all the BS we have to go through so some Dick can't turn the table on you or me.

Be well...

-Jeff

·
Registered
239 Posts
Jeff,

I know this is a really late response, but I will be there before 9:00am. See you then I hope.

Dave

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pictures in order:

Approaching Franconia Notch
Rte 3 coming into Twin Mountain
Parked at top of Hurricane Mountain Road Waiting for an SUV to get way out in front. The two bikers were waving because we met them first at the Hookset Rest Stop @9am, now they show up on Hurricane Mountain. Their reaction was- Figures you guys would be up here.
Caution Sign on Hurricane Mountain Road 15% grade
Road Closed sign swung open at start of HMR
Parking Lot @ Mount Washington Auto Road -Snow still on Presidential Range
Lotus Parked in Lot
Wooden Moose Entering Gorham.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The weather was perfect in my opinion. The Photos look dark because of the Tint on the Esprit Windshield.
Roads were empty and clean. I saw one unmarked cruiser on RTE 302 going opposite way. He passed us and hit his brakes, I hit my brake lights, he let off his and never turned around.
Snow still on some of the ski slopes and the highest mountains.
More frost heaves on HMR tahn usual, but that ride will put a smile on your face every time.
I led over HM and Dave's Supercharged Elise led on the way back. Dave said he lost 1/8 tank of gas just going over and back. So you know he had some fun.

I was home by 4pm. Rain sprinkles from Concord, NH south.

Thanks guys... Hiro and Dave. Great day, great driving.

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Sounds . . . tame. Sure they added Hurricane Mountain Road for good measure, but left out all of the juicy details. Fortunately, I'm well connected in the land of the unconnected just east of Crawford Notch. Yes, much fun was had, but fear of prosecution has forced Jeff to abridge the unabridged.

The most obvious modification mentions the local traffic authorities pausing but continuing onward. I have it on reputable source that pursuit ensued. All three members of the trio began evasive action. The officer was no match for the superb driving skill and unparalleled vehicular performance. Every twist in the fabric of asphalt widened the gap, and before all of the two police officers in the county could converge, the Lotus owners were parked at the the Red Fox, engines cold, and glasses full.

The story could end here, but it doesn't. With tires hanging off both edges of Hurricane Mountain Road, some biker friends of mine spotted the wild threesome as they disrupted a monster truck club meet. Facing far worse than moving violations, the tiny British cars evaded the irate behemoths by nimbly driving under the misplaced 4x4's. The trucks were no match for such fine road-going vehicles, so their owners went back to shooting signs with shotguns.

And if that weren't enough, I'm told there's more. Although the details are vague, there are reports of slaloming through a herd of crossing moose. At one point, just as rocks began to fall off of an approaching cliff, the fearless drivers accelerated and passed unscathed. Rumors of jumping collapsed bridges and climbing Mt Washington in the snow have circulated in local watering holes. It's only matter of time before more details surface and the full extent of their automotive exuberance is known.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Exactly...Anybody loan me some money so I can make bail?

So me and the Duputy got to talking Lotus. He said the prosecuting attourney (lawyer) had a grandson with a Toy Lotus Europa push car. You know the ones where you sit in it, push it backwards to wind it up and let her rip. Said the lawyer was complianing about how the elastic band kept bustin' when you pushed it to hard. Now the original rubber bands are obsolete and the only supplier is in China but he can't buy any 'cause he was worried about copyright enfringement (breakin' the law).

So for now he (from time to time) just changes out the clothspins and playing cars on the wheels because the cards tend to mildew in the garage. Said he's waiting on the molded plastic triple weber carb upgrade in case they ever start making elastic bands again. Said UPS was supposed to deliver new badges "Formula 1 Racing Champions" for the front fenders on tuesday. Old badges wouldn't hold a shine no more.

I'm supposed to meet the lawyer this afternoon. I'm nerious cause he's short with a grey beard (looks kinda seedy) and he talks in rhrime. HELP ME !

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Sounds . . . tame. Sure they added Hurricane Mountain Road for good measure, but left out all of the juicy details. Fortunately, I'm well connected in the land of the unconnected just east of Crawford Notch. Yes, much fun was had, but fear of prosecution has forced Jeff to abridge the unabridged.

The most obvious modification mentions the local traffic authorities pausing but continuing onward. I have it on reputable source that pursuit ensued. All three members of the trio began evasive action. The officer was no match for the superb driving skill and unparalleled vehicular performance. Every twist in the fabric of asphalt widened the gap, and before all of the two police officers in the county could converge, the Lotus owners were parked at the the Red Fox, engines cold, and glasses full.

The story could end here, but it doesn't. With tires hanging off both edges of Hurricane Mountain Road, some biker friends of mine spotted the wild threesome as they disrupted a monster truck club meet. Facing far worse than moving violations, the tiny British cars evaded the irate behemoths by nimbly driving under the misplaced 4x4's. The trucks were no match for such fine road-going vehicles, so their owners went back to shooting signs with shotguns.

And if that weren't enough, I'm told there's more. Although the details are vague, there are reports of slaloming through a herd of crossing moose. At one point, just as rocks began to fall off of an approaching cliff, the fearless drivers accelerated and passed unscathed. Rumors of jumping collapsed bridges and climbing Mt Washington in the snow have circulated in local watering holes. It's only matter of time before more details surface and the full extent of their automotive exuberance is known.
rotflrotflrotfl I'll have to drive down from Maine for one of these outings, they sound 'adventurous'.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Jeff,

I had a good time and it was good to see you and Hiro. Great way to start the year but I think I might have to tighten up a bunch of nuts and bolts on my car after those 2 runs over HMR.:rolleyes: Now that I have the SC installed, I can understand why Fred was grinning so much after the runs we made last October. I am glad we decided to take the detour over HMR it really made the day. It was really a great driving day with very little traffic up north and I didn't really hit the drizzle until I was almost home. You can count me in for the next drive and I will even try to remember to bring my camera. :up:

Dave

1 - 20 of 20 Posts