The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just upgraded from PC to a MacBook Pro, only thing that bothers me is if I try to want more then one video clip at a time it will just open several quicktime windows, and I have to watch one, close it and click play on the next...I have a bunch of video files that I have created and want to just watch them all together.. On pc with windows media player I could drag as many as I wanted and they would all play in the same window, one after another..

Anyone know a program for Mac that will do this? I tried to download windows media player for mac but cant get it to work...

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
You should be able to drag another file into the window you have open and they will play sequentially. If not you can upgrade your quicktime player to quicktime pro.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its $29.99 to upgrade....after spending 3k on the laptop I really dont want to have to pay for quicktime...would rather just use a 3rd party software that has functionally like windows media player.

You should be able to drag another file into the window you have open and they will play sequentially. If not you can upgrade your quicktime player to quicktime pro.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Quicktime will launch multiple movie windows; however, only the active window will play.

If you're set on running multiple video streams simultaniously, I'd suggest downloading VLC. You'll need to duplicate the application and give them unique names (VLC-1, VLC-2, VLC-3, etc...).

VLC
VLC - Features

You can do the same thing with Quicktime or Media Player, but it'll bog down after just a few streams. I've tested it up to about 12 MPEG-2 multicast streams and it worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Its $29.99 to upgrade....after spending 3k on the laptop I really dont want to have to pay for quicktime...would rather just use a 3rd party software that has functionally like windows media player.
Flip4Mac lets you play Widows Media Player files.

Flip4Mac WMV Products

·
Registered
856 Posts
Did you want to play in sequence, one after another, or all at the same time, MaxHedrome style?

If in a line, try using iMovie.

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts