The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Made a shirt (Edit: BUY THEM NOW page4)

School started up last week and one of my first projects was to work on a quick shirt design and make our own font. I figured I'd do something lotus related, so I based the font off of the "Elise" lettering on the rear clam. Just thought I'd share what I came up with. Here is what I came up with, just thought I'd share and get some criticism...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Looks great, but I suspect unless you've licensed it you'll run up against the lawyers sooner or later.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Loose the signature and you will not have any licensing issues.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Can we all get one? GROUP BUY!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I need one to go with the painting:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very creative; you've got talent! Would you be willing to show a high resolution version?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...heck, skip the t-shirt and make it a window decal...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Remove the licence plate its a bit chunky

·
Premium Member
12,139 Posts
Very, very nice. I do agree about the lic plate plinth, tho. Good work.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Great design. It accentuates some of the best lines of the car. But the Euro plate does stick out and stop my eye.

Maybe you could use the Colin Chapman sig style to spell out "Lotus," as if it were in Colin's handwriting. I think losing the sig would leave a blank space that should be filled.

You should get an A!

Tom

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Loose the signature and you will not have any licensing issues.
To the best of my understanding Lotus doesn't own Colin's signature. It is public domain, undefended since his death in '82.

Ryan, the design and artwork of the shirt is outstanding. I like every aspect (except the large license plinth) and would gladly pay $20-$25 for one if you decide to make them.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Nice job! I'd buy it BUT personally I prefer to have the graphic on the back of the shirt and a small Lotus logo on the left front pocket area y'know.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
The graphic is awesome, I would definitely wear this shirt. Well, maybe not with 3/4 sleeves. :p
+1, 3/4 sleeves really doesnt do it for me.

1 - 20 of 338 Posts