The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mad my second jump Sunday

Going for my first solo this weekend or next... can't wait :D

Didn't get a video or pictures this time - saving that for my first solo... here are a few more pics from my first tandem though.

The best caption for this first one would be "oh ****!" :p

Attachments

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Is your suit Krypton Green?

Are you and the other guy good friends;)

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Patricko said:
Is your suit Krypton Green?

Are you and the other guy good friends;)
Yep - KG.

If by good friends you mean "responsible for saving my ass in the event that I was unable to pull the ripcord"... then yes, we were the best of friends during my 60 second freefall ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
My girlfriend really wants to go skydiving, but after seeing that smiling man mounting you I don't know how comfortable I'd be with a man saddling my girlfriend.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's hilarious how many people bring that up as their only point when they see these pictures...

Trust me, it's not something either of you (the tandem master or the student) are thinking about while falling 120mph towards earth. If it makes you feel comfortable, however, they do have female tandem masters at most dropzones who jump with the female students.

·
Registered
159 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
It's hilarious how many people bring that up as their only point when they see these pictures...

Trust me, it's not something either of you (the tandem master or the student) are thinking about while falling 120mph towards earth. If it makes you feel comfortable, however, they do have female tandem masters at most dropzones who jump with the female students.
Can I get a female for me too? Is there an extra charge for that?

Nah I'm just kidding. I've always wanted to jump out of a plane.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I used to do that at Lake Elsanor in So Cal, many years ago! They had an a WWII C-47 (DC 3) with the back door removed we would jump out of, it was a lot of fun.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
WOW! Something I'd like to try out for sure!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I used to be a pilot and one thing I learned was: Never jump out of a plane that still has an engine running!

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
shay2nak said:
WOW! Something I'd like to try out for sure!
I'd highly recommend it... it's a blast.

My first solo jump which I'll be doing very soon (maybe this weekend) is the first of 18 jumps I need with an instructor (and some classroom time before/during) to get my license.

I'm hooked.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I'd highly recommend it... it's a blast.

My first solo jump which I'll be doing very soon (maybe this weekend) is the first of 18 jumps I need with an instructor (and some classroom time before/during) to get my license.

I'm hooked.
LOL you need a license? for what? Damn, 18 jumps!!!!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
pianomaniac said:
I used to be a pilot and one thing I learned was: Never jump out of a plane that still has an engine running!
Well.. I am a still a pilot and most modern day plane accidents happen with the engines still running. :huh: :D

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
Well.. I am a still a pilot and most modern day plane accidents happen with the engines still running. :huh: :D
But,as a pilot.....do you jump out with the engines still running?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
shay2nak said:
LOL you need a license? for what? Damn, 18 jumps!!!!
The license is so that I can go to any drop zone I want and jump on my own without an instructor for the price of gear (bought or rented) and a jump ticket (which runs somewhere from $15-30 depending on the altitude and DZ) instead of paying $150+ for each jump with an instructor and either doing tandem or having to do it at my home DZ.

There are 7 jump licensing programs at a lot of drop zones... but I wouldn't trust myself to jump out of a plane alone after just 7 jumps. Too much could go wrong.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
pianomaniac said:
But,as a pilot.....do you jump out with the engines still running?
Depend on how much you like the passengers...

Sky diving is one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life. The freefall is the best thing ever. I hated having to pull the chute. Slow=boring. 45 second freefall is a huge rush but the 5 minute glide down is just too long & boring. I would rather have had another 10-15 second freefall and 2 minute glide.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lotus Fury said:
45 second freefall is a huge rush but the 5 minute glide down is just too long & boring.
Damn... I've never heard that from anyone at the DZ I go to.

Freefall on my first jump was 53 seconds from 13,500ft, the second was less as we had to exit at 11,500.

The canopy ride was fun for me both times. The first time, the instructor put us in the "red" (one toggle up, one toggle down - full corkscrew) for most of the descent, and the ride down was only about 3 minutes. The second time, I was allowed full control of the chute and had us in the red most of the time as well. My friend got sick after landing on his first jump from the corkscrews.

What altitude did you exit from and where did you pull when you went?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts