The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed here before and some just think it is wrong to remove the reflector that you see when you open the Elise or Exige doors but I decided to 3D print some replacements with the Lotus logo in Orange against a black background. I don't drive much at night so it is not a big deal to have a reflector. These fit exactly like the original and use the same screw to install them. Just thought I'd share since I think they came out so nice. I am making some for a friend with yellow against a black background and I can also do white or red against the black background. Can also do the background as orange, yellow, red, or white with black lettering... Just something to do in the Covid down time.

Reactions: kestrou

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Nice! Makes me think it would also look good with a black stencil over the red reflector since I want to keep some kinda reflector there

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very good idea. I'll have to try that since I make decals. That would be very easy. I'll post pictures of that tonight after work.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Makes me think it would also look good with a black stencil over the red reflector since I want to keep some kinda reflector there
So here is the decal I made in response to your request. It looks nice but I am not sure how long it would last. I would say 85% is adheared to flat surface but some of the decal goes over the slightly raised lettering that Hella puts on there. Too bad it was not recessed lettering. That said, this area does not see wind or water, or not much at least. I can make these in other colors too if anyone is interested! I don't think black would look bad, I just had some scrap white I was using to test with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts