The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read so far a few articles on the Elise begining i guess it was with the R&T article with the Elise on the cover many months ago, since then i have seen it in Automoblie, Motor Trend, and most recently in the June issue of Playboy, so what other Magazines have i missed and thier issue dates? I did see a nice ariticle about the Exige in CAR a european large format magazine at Walden Books the other day at the mall when i picked up the latest Motor trend on the rack talking about it as a track day car, the Playboy bit was just a one pager of fluff mostly and i do recall seeing another magazine though i dont recall the name now of the authors daughter taking a yellow one out for a afternoon spin in Malibu or some other California beach town and saying that Yellow was the "in" color last year! Pfft! Valley girl who prefered the Mercedes CLK thinking that was a better car so you get the jist of the article. Anyways, i am wondering what else is avaiable to collect, read, and if anything new is said, hearing all sorts of various impressions and stats that never seem to coincide from one article to the next when it comes to stats of this car what gives on that? Just trying to pacify my time with reading till i can start driving so whatcha got for me to read that i may have missed? OH yea another thing does anyone have a extra press kit or even a extra brouchure? My dealer said they never got more then 4 brochures and those disappeared before they could mail them to thier most loyal customers ( or was that most fanatic?) ie: me! I am not looking to pay big bucks herebut as a future elise owner was hoping to have one copy at least in my files, I make static models as well, nice job on the type 25, are there any static kits known out there to build? I have the diecast one but i prefer to build my own. I do know of a BRG w/red seats that will be pro striped in my area from a Lotus restorer that will be for sale if anyone wants to look into it, being purchased for resale by a lotus restorer and he is well known for his quality restoration work and i am certain it will be a fantastic type 25 once he is done bringing it up to that look specs, I dont know how much over MSRP he hopes to make from this but i know he is a long time quality restorer of vintage british cars and he doesnt price gouge on his restorations. He has a fairly low order # as well

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
On my list of things to do, was to compile an article list. You can find many more links and articles in the Articles and Reviews section of this forum.

edit...what Dan posted. :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
more articles and some older ones

I have many articles about the Elise, extending all the way back to 1996. I used to collect them all and convert to the web but now it is getting more difficult because I do not have access to all the magazines.

There are also some articles and press releases from other companies that are not necessarily found in the automotive magazines. And there are some older brochures that Lotus used to advertise their partnerships.

I was wondering if anyone visits that portion of my website and thinking I should drop it. Please visit and then let me know if it is worth the effort...

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/information/index.html

I have also been collecting the shop manuals that are available in PDF format. (Do not buy the CD from the guy auctioning the same on eBay!) You can find them for free at the same spot.

Michael

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Michael! That was exactly what I was thinking should be done. And you did it. :)

I don't recall seeing the link before on your site.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I find then service manuals interesting to read. I found them on a site once (Aquila.com?) and referenced them once on the old Lotus forum to a guy who was looking for some info and I think they made the person delete them for copywrite infringment.
Luckily I printed out about all 500 pages, but most of them pertain to older Series 1 cars

I have found them and parts manuals at other places on the web too, but dont want to mention where in case big brother is watching. -----Google is your friend

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
huggy bear said:
Yeah I read about two sentences and then just gave up. ADD I guess.
Yikes, Thank God she doesnt talk like that in real life!;)

I think it's a case of Elise impatience causing excessive rambling.

Speedracer- What number person is buying the green car and selling it? :no: I hope its not the person who is lower on the list than us who lives around you. I am still waiting to hear if the dealership knows if their demo is on the boat.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whatsthematterhavingtroublereadingmypreviousemailtextperhapsitwasatesttoweedoutthosewithsuperiorvisionanddiscernibilityofperceptionsmuchlikewhatthetopracedrivershaveattunedthiervisiontobeabletopickoutminutedistinictionsintheroadspacialanddepthperceptionsbetweencarsandfocusingbothontheimmediatetrackandfurtherupthetracksimultaniouslysojustlookatthisexceriseasasimpletestandpracticeforwhenyougetyoureliseifyouplanondrivingonthecongestedfreewaysofcaliforniaorfloridayoubetterhavesharpdiscerningvisiontoavoidthedamnsuv'sandmassivetrucksouttherejustwaitingtoturnourlittleelise'sintoapancake:)

i write both for pleasure and publications.

So i often dont bother taking the time to deal with punctuations and all the paragraph phrasing until i get my thoughts down.

Besides that is what the beauty of a computer is for to go back and edit in spelling, grammer, phrasing etc...

Since i didnt write the previous reply at home on my mac in a word program and cut and pasted it here i just let it go.

Will make certain in future posts to clear that matter up :)

Perhaps it is a holdover revenge(curse?) also to my 6th grade teacher who gave me back my first creative writing essay. Her remarks were something along the line of "what a creative story and fun to read i would give you an "A+" except for the run on sentences!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tom, the dealer (Hayes is his first name)
is here in Vero Beach, he placed his order the night of the debut party at PBMC.

The restoration shop is Wire Wheels, he has a website, www.wirewheels.com

Many beautiful British cars on premises, including a few Elise 190 track cars the last time i was at his shop. He does a great job with older Elans, Europas and other British Marques

I believe his number is around 15.

I too havent been contacted for the next debut party of thier demo that they are intending to have like the last party.

I was told we on the list will be first in line to schedule a test drive in the Federal Elise since we had such a limited test drive on the Euro model.

Hope to see you again at the party, let me know if you hear anything more and i will do the same.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
speedracergirl8 said:
whatsthematterhavingtroublereadingmypreviousemailtextperhapsitwasatesttoweedoutthosewithsuperiorvisionanddiscernibilityofperceptionsmuchlikewhatthetopracedrivershaveattunedthiervisiontobeabletopickoutminutedistinictionsintheroadspacialanddepthperceptionsbetweencarsandfocusingbothontheimmediatetrackandfurtherupthetracksimultaniouslysojustlookatthisexceriseasasimpletestandpracticeforwhenyougetyoureliseifyouplanondrivingonthecongestedfreewaysofcaliforniaorfloridayoubetterhavesharpdiscerningvisiontoavoidthedamnsuv'sandmassivetrucksouttherejustwaitingtoturnourlittleelise'sintoapancake:)
Damn, I think that just undid my Lasik... :huh:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
speedracergirl8 said:
Tom, the dealer (Hayes is his first name)
is here in Vero Beach, he placed his order the night of the debut party at PBMC.

Many beautiful British cars on premises, including a few Elise 190 track cars the last time i was at his shop. He does a great job with older Elans, Europas and other British Marques

I believe his number is around 15.

I too havent been contacted for the next debut party of thier demo that they are intending to have like the last party.

I was told we on the list will be first in line to schedule a test drive in the Federal Elise since we had such a limited test drive on the Euro model.

Hope to see you again at the party, let me know if you hear anything more and i will do the same.
Nice use of ¶ :clap:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Re: more articles and some older ones

sandsmuseum said:
There are also some articles and press releases from other companies that are not necessarily found in the automotive magazines. And there are some older brochures that Lotus used to advertise their partnerships.

I was wondering if anyone visits that portion of my website and thinking I should drop it. Please visit and then let me know if it is worth the effort...

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/information/index.html
Michael, I have visited that portion of your site before. It was interesting to see that much of the original press release for the 1st generation Elise is still relevant today.

If anything, it gives people waiting for their car something to feed their Elise addiction. :)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
speedracergirl8 said:
the dealer (Hayes is his first name)

The site is wirewheel.com
The link wirewheels.com brought me to a different site.

I was going to be pissed if the guy was just buying the car to sell it, but since he has a higher number than me and already has a bunch of Lotus, and is really into Bristish cars then I guess its ok.

Will he be doing work and customizing on Elises?

At least hes not an eBay scum!

I pass through Vero about once a month, I'll have to check out the shop when I'm up there. The dealership hasnt gotten back with when their demo is coming. They had an Aston Martin party about a month ago, that I got an invite to and they said the Elises were delayed until the middle of June. They also said that they are getting them in order number, not color order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts