The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten really paranoid about the gigantic blind spot to my right. Yesterday an entire full sized van managed to hide there while he was taking pictures. Could just barely see it with a head check, it wasn't in my side mirror or my rear view, despite carefully adjusting the side mirror so that if I stood in the middle of the blind spot I could see the drivers side head rest in the mirror.

Can anyone confirm that the Magic Racing mirrors offer a wide enough view to get rid of that blind spot?

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have them installed on my car now, to my knowledge the convex "wide" view is an option with the mirrors but not a standard feature. I might be wrong on that though. Regardless, the mirrors I'm using have the convex wide view and it makes a HUGE difference in visibility rearwards.

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have them installed on my car now, to my knowledge the convex "wide" view is an option with the mirrors but not a standard feature. I might be wrong on that though. Regardless, the mirrors I'm using have the convex wide view and it makes a HUGE difference in visibility rearwards.
That's what I was hoping. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,180 Posts
Best mirrors were Multivex, but out of business.

Be sure to check out Really Light Stuff mirrors; very good.

These are better than ordinary convex.

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best mirrors were Multivex, but out of business.

Be sure to check out Really Light Stuff mirrors; very good.

These are better than ordinary convex.
I think I will go that route, I am trying to stay as close to OEM as possible to avoid the power-mod death spiral...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Or you can stick little circular convex mirrors (from local auto parts store) on top of your stock ones to cover the blind spots.

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,093 Posts
I did the small round convex mirrors on my stock mirrors until I got a hold of some craft-square mirrors(convex).:evil:
What a huge difference!

·
Premium Member
12,180 Posts
The reason the 2 mirrors I mentioned are excellent is that they're curved in such a way that the part of the mirror nearest the car is pretty flat (for accuracy) and then they become more convex further from the car.

And, yes, you can lose an entire van back there.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I have craft square side mirrors and a rear view convex clip-on mirror (on all my vehicles). I can see across all lanes and always turn my head during lane change to be sure. As mentioned above, angle the sides to cover blind spots. People just don't pay attention and can't drive.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,180 Posts
There is no way to adjust stock mirrors and not have a blind spot. I could've written a pamphlet on adjusting mirrors and have done it for dozens of ppl.

I never need to turn my head. No point, as I can see everything near and behind me.

No need to take eyes off road.

1st 2 things I tell new owners: Get multivex (nla)/rls mirrors

Get a really LOUD horn.

Safety first/fast (for MG drivers...)

Fitfan, do these have the advantage of being flatter nearer the car? I find that important?

Thx.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
In a catalog of better rv mirrors, it mentioned not having a radical curve in the first place was most important.

I used to used a center curved mirror.
Never missed anything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts