The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide on my ideal car in advance, it's really down to Magnetic Blue/Ardent Red. I love both colors :/ Which color do you prefer?

·
Registered
100 Posts
The mag blue. I have one and the color really stands out especially with the peanut butter interior

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mag blue. I have one and the color really stands out especially with the peanut butter interior

I also like how the red tail lights sort of pop out at you against the blue, compared to the red elise where it feels almost flat in a way.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
I also like how the red tail lights sort of pop out at you against the blue, compared to the red elise where it feels almost flat in a way.
I believe you have your answer, then.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I go Mag Blue. Why? Because I see lots of Ardent Red, but Mag Blue is a rare color. For example, when we do local get together stuff - say 25-30 plus Lotus guys - there are always 4-5 Ardent Reds, but I don't think I've ever seen a Mag Blue outside of the dealership.

I'm not a huge fan of stripes on our cars, but I LOVE the look of the Mag Blue with white stripes. Also, the OEM silver wheels/diffuser/gas cap

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Mag is my favorite color on the Elise/Exige. It was not available in 08 when I bought mine so I got Persian Blue which is very close.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts

Didn't know "Peanut Butter" was a Lotus color !!!:huh:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Split the difference, go Aubergine, which is a very exclusive color (although not my personal choice).

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Mag Blue.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
the blu.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I would go for Mag blue before any shade of red also but I wouldn't eliminate LASER blue which is just a tad lighter than Mag blue. My car is Polar Blue which I like but I often think I should of held out for a darker blue or a BRG Elise.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you don't live in the metro Atlanta area, get the Mag Blue. I've got Mag Blue and a coworker has the Nightfall Blue (I need to get a good picture of them parked next to each other, all I've got is cell phone pics). I think that is the limit for Blue Elise in a single city. So, if you live around us, get the Red.;)

I wanted Red, Bourdeux, Titaninum, Silver, or Grey my wife wanted Mag Blue so we compromised and got Mag Blue. As usual, she was right. The Mag Blue is great and we think it will look great with or without stripes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The blue looks good. The red attracts a ton of attention...maybe because it looks a bit Ferrari-like to non-car folks. It's fun at times, but it can be annoying to have people yelling at you at stoplights.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I drive an Ardent Red Lotus with white stripes. I ilke it. The other option is also a good choice. You cannot go wrong either way. It is a matter of personal preference. Do not let others decide for you. The Elise is such great car it is shame that you can only have one color. It reminds me of a Lovin' Spoonful song:

Did you ever have to make up your mind
Pick up on one and leave the other behind
It's not often easy and not often kind
Did you ever have to make up your mind

Did you ever have to finally decide
Say yes to one and let the other one ride
There's so many changes and tears you must hide
Did you ever have to finally decide

Sometimes there's one with big blue eyes, cute as a bunny
With hair down to here, and plenty of money
And just when you think she's that one in the world
Your heart gets stolen by some mousey little girl

And then you know you'd better make up your mind...

Sometimes you really dig a girl the moment you kiss her
And then you get distracted by her older sister
When in walks her father and takes you a line
And says, "You better go home, son, and make up your mind"

And then you bet you'd better finally decide...

Good luck.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,155 Posts
I like them both and was seriously considering the red with white stripes for the iconic racer look but the blue with white stripes looked good too until my friend told me it was way too Mopar... damn him... but if you google Lotus racing stripe, you get that cool pic of both a red and blue Elise with white racing stripes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts