The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the opportunity of being able to take a picture of the 2 next to each other!! Sorry for the lighting in the service lane. The colors are very close!! The car on the left is the Persian Blue and the right is the Mag. Blue

Attachments

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Thanks for that! They do look very similiar. The Magnetic Blue looks to be a shade darker, but that could be due to the age of the car as well. :clap:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
The Persian blue looks like it has the Euro/UK Exige wheels that some of the '05 models came with....love these wheels...

I saw a magnetic blue today at the Marina del rey meet - looked awesome!

Can't go wrong with either - I say the brighter the better!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
The Persian blue looks like it has the Euro/UK Exige wheels that some of the '05 models came with....love these wheels...

I saw a magnetic blue today at the Marina del rey meet - looked awesome!

Can't go wrong with either - I say the brighter the better!
They're similar but not the same. The euro Exige wheels' spokes look a bit slimmer than on the new wheels.

·
Registered
41 Posts
On the subject of which color is best for the Elise, anyone reading this and thinking about which color to choose - my advice is: the car will always be two-tone. Black and x (you fill in the x). I had a beautiful series 1 in titanium. But the series 2 has a whole lot of black on it that the series 1 did not. There are more grills - all black. The headlamp and indictor surreounds - are - black. The license plate surround - is - black. The windshied surround is a huge expanse of - (near) black. Interior - BLACK EVERYWHERE! So my taste was - hey it's got a lot black anyway, so go the whole way (always a good option) and then choose your black, silver or gold extras.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
On the subject of which color is best for the Elise, anyone reading this and thinking about which color to choose - my advice is: the car will always be two-tone. Black and x (you fill in the x). I had a beautiful series 1 in titanium. But the series 2 has a whole lot of black on it that the series 1 did not. There are more grills - all black. The headlamp and indictor surreounds - are - black. The license plate surround - is - black. The windshied surround is a huge expanse of - (near) black. Interior - BLACK EVERYWHERE! So my taste was - hey it's got a lot black anyway, so go the whole way (always a good option) and then choose your black, silver or gold extras.

Just a thought.
That is one of the reasons I went with a Black (on black) car.
the black trim blends in nicely.

But I think the black trim also works well with the Orange/Yellow/Green colors

·
Registered
563 Posts
Persian looks beautiful in person; like a complete Magnetic Blue makeover.
+1,000 My most recent visit to Star MotorCars led me to their upstairs "Lotus Garage" (which is not too unlike my dream garage :drool: ) I strolled around, checking out the new colors, which included the awesome new Isotope green, and as soon as my eyes fell on the Persian Blue, the only thing I could say was,

"WOW! THAT'S A F***ING COLOR!"

I had been a die hard Graphite Grey fan up until that point, but after seeing the Persian Blue, and Ardent Red in the sunlight :eek: What amazing colors!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts