The Lotus Cars Community banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry I have been MIA from this site. Life gets chaotic and internet forums don't hold my attention the way they used to so not a lot of free time to devote to even great sites like this one.

I have opened up the design to be public so anyone can export them or modify them however they want rather than just taking the STL files as-is.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b...0685eadd0671796e2e/e/c42224e740d2af0f761fa364

@Habious - thank you for this great idea! I've ordered the magnetic connector and it's on the way. I know you mentioned using half of a 25' extension cord for the inside-the-car portion...do you know what is a reasonable length to use? I assume 2' would be too short?

@fjohn624 - thank you for your 3D modeling! Did you find that the PETG material holds up to heat well enough even on long drives?

Thanks guys what an elegant solution to having our cars hooked up to a battery maintainer :clap:
Yes the PETG one is still going strong

From the connector mounted outside the car...I went up, through the license plate light (Cut a little notch to let the wire through without pinching it).

Once you're inside the rear clam, in the trunk area, it's a straight shot to the battery. I took the long way around (inside the trunk), just to keep the wires out of the way of anything that I might put in the trunk.
Same here.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
347 Posts
Thanks for opening those up to the public. The first one I printed is hitting the clam a little in the opening between the liscence plate lights. Possibly unique to my car. I'll add a little clearance and it should be perfect.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
347 Posts
Finished it up today. Behind the plate is a bit challenging to get everything connected and fit in. Looks great when completed.

Attachments

Reactions: Habious
61 - 64 of 64 Posts