The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 20,000 miles on my 2006 Elise. What type of maintance should I be performing besides the normal items?

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I have about 20,000 miles on my 2006 Elise. What type of maintance should I be performing besides the normal items?
Complete engine/trans/suspension/brakes rebuild.

Yes. I'm kidding.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Seriously guys.

I would do clutch and brake fluid, transmission oil, engine oil, oil filter, check tie rod torque, and air filter.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Firstly what do you consider "normal"? Are you following the Lotus service schedule (below)?

The key points are that while most stuff is mileage dependent brake fluid and coolant are time dependent (annually and every four years respectively).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am. Just wasn't sure about the larger items like drive belt etc and what the recommendation is to replace them even if they don't look worn. Had to replace a lacking radiator recently....so asking around what else I should be doing.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Oil and filter, transmission fluid, brake and clutch fluid, change coolant, check brakes, and change serpentine belt. If you have a supercharger you want to change the fluid in it also.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
I am. Just wasn't sure about the larger items like drive belt etc and what the recommendation is to replace them even if they don't look worn. Had to replace a lacking radiator recently....so asking around what else I should be doing.
Cool.

If the belt isn't slipping and doesn't appear worn I wouldn't replace it - those belts last for ages, are not likely to fail suddenly, and even if they do it isn't going to do any damage (unlike a cam belt failure). As for your radiator failure.. that is a maintenance issue rather than a service issue (I've had to replace mine too).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts