The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, 2 months into ownership, and I get hit with the dreaded AC Resistor replacement. Unfortunately, the local dealership wants 10 hours of labor to fix it, so I will be having to perform this surgery myself. If anyone is interested in joining this party in south-east aurora, feel free to PM me. We will have the grill going in the afternoon. I have printed out all the instructions I can find, but if anyone has any other words of advice, I will take all I can get. Luckily I have saturday and sunday off, which should hopefully give me enough time to get this figured out.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Well, 2 months into ownership, and I get hit with the dreaded AC Resistor replacement. Unfortunately, the local dealership wants 10 hours of labor to fix it, so I will be having to perform this surgery myself. If anyone is interested in joining this party in south-east aurora, feel free to PM me. We will have the grill going in the afternoon. I have printed out all the instructions I can find, but if anyone has any other words of advice, I will take all I can get. Luckily I have saturday and sunday off, which should hopefully give me enough time to get this figured out.
Assuming you're taking off the front clam...upgrade your horns while you have it off.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming you're taking off the front clam...upgrade your horns while you have it off.
Yes, I have to remove the front clam. I will look into the horn upgrade while I am at it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
and put the driving lights on, if you don't already have them.
they're great.
sam

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got out of work a little early today, so I was able to get started. I have the car lifted up to make it a little easier to work on. I just about have the clam ready for removal. Just have the front bolts in the headlights. So far, so good. Will try to post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Success! I spent about 13 hours this weekend working on it, although if I had to do it again, I could probably do it in half the time. I tried to take my time, paying attention to how things went together before I took them apart, taking some photos along the way. While reassembling, I was able to improve on the panel gaps slightly also. Took the time to change the oil while I was at it. Now she should be good for a while.
Thanks to those that PMd me to offer help.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good to hear you got that worked out, Rich. I'm curious to see the pictures when you get a chance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts