The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up. I think this is pretty cool.

Expect to see a major write up with an Elise on the cover. Probably true for many mags. But the cool info?

0-60 with LSS, 4.4 seconds.

1.06g skidpad.

:eek:

Let's keep this between us. :)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
After Kiyoshi's recent post confirmed that the base suspension is the right choice for those of us whose cars will see little track time, you have to go and post those LSS numbers:( incredible though if they are accurate:)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
ivan1 said:
After Kiyoshi's recent post confirmed that the base suspension is the right choice for those of us whose cars will see little track time, you have to go and post those LSS numbers:( incredible though if they are accurate:)
Well if Lotus' quoted difference between the two suspensions hold up, the standard car will do a 4.6 and might push 1.0 g! That's still staggering. It's also nice to know what your standard car can do given a little suspension tweaking in the future;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just saw the latest issue of Motor Trend at Border's (didn't get my issue in the mail yet) and there is a very positive article on the Elise. Keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
_JD_ said:
Well if Lotus' quoted difference between the two suspensions hold up, the standard car will do a 4.6 and might push 1.0 g! That's still staggering. It's also nice to know what your standard car can do given a little suspension tweaking in the future;)
some lighter wheels for the std susp should help as well with the 0-60... Shinoo said they he will have some available.... But as we all know the Elise is not about 0-60 ;)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
4.4 seconds? :confused: Wow! :eek: That's really impressive for a 190hp, 2000lb car. :bow:

What type of rpm and clutch drop did they need to get that? ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
While I am not a magazine bench racer, and generally avoid such discussions as exercises in futility, the Elise must launch like a rocket off the line. I wonder what a well driven car can do in the 1/4, given the fantastic 0-60 sprint time.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I still would not expect much better than mid 13's in the quarter. My guess is that acceleration starts falling off after 60. Most cars in the mid to low fours 0-60 are traction limited high horsepower cars that continue to accelerate well unitl about 120 or so. Thats what my Z06 did. I noticed on the Celica boards that a number of the 60 foot times were as good (1.8-2.0 as or better than a lot of Z06 times because they no trouble hookin up. Whereas the Z06 was on the balance of severe traction issues (1.7-2.2).

Really getting below 4.5 on the street is quite a feat!

Greg

·
purveyor of lightness
4,135 Posts
Randy Chase said:

Expect to see a major write up with an Elise on the cover. Probably true for many mags. But the cool info?

1.06g skidpad.

I just wet myself... :bow: :no: :clap: :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Damn, I hope those numbers are ture and repeatable, that is very, very quick and over 1g even with the 048s is quite impressive.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
They probably employed some brutal launch tactics to eek out 4.4sec. Clutch drops from hell I imagine. :rolleyes:

The car is going to be amazing. As I've said before, pinch yourselves...;)

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Just read the June issue of EVO where
they match-up an Exige, a 911 GT3 RS,
a Ferrari 360 CS, and a Noble M-400.
A few tidbits: "that it taught the big boys
a thing or two about sheer speed is mind blowing. The fact that it never felt over-awed or out classed is just as remarkable." What I liked best was, "whenever we approached a braking area the Exige absolutely annihilates the 911."

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Randy Chase said:

1.06g skidpad.

Yes it's true... I've seen the article... It's titled "How To Fry Your Clutch In 24 Hours" :clap:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Given that the only difference between LSS and non-LSS that affects straight-line acceleration is the lighter wheels and sticky tyres, surely the only place the difference is felt is when the regular tires would be spinning, i.e. in the first few feet/mph off the line?

So great for burn-outs at the lights, but once you're rolling why would there be any measurable difference in acceleration?

Good for bragging rights though.

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
i thought the skidpad for LSS would be close to 1.2g.

4.4 s is badass. what was the 0-100 mph?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
12lbs less rotating mass at the rear and 8lbs less at the front can add up to some rather eye opening differences!!
Laser Blue LSS only
P.S. I'm pulling out my radio and speakers, didn't know there was a delete option!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
1.2?!?! Good lord! 1.2 is as far away from 1.06 as .84 is from 1.06 - it's a HUGE difference. What cars out there hit 1.06 on the skidpad from the factory? Maybe 3? I don't think anything short of a full fledged race car hits 1.2 on the skidpad anyway - I'm sure the Elise can hit 1.2 on the track.

·
Registered
825 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
when I saw he was disappointed in the 1.06 and had hoped for a 1.2 almost choked. 1.06 g is incredible by any standards for an out of the box street car. Chris
That's kind of the point of the Elise though, incredible handling out of the box. Road and Track (guessing the same magazine/skidpad) shows the new Viper at 1.04. Even given that weight impacts transistions (slaloms) more than steady state (lateral g), I was expecting more of a spread. It will be interesting to see what peak g it can hit on the track.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts