The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 elise with 4700 miles that is having some serious vibration noises. It sounds like the noise is coming from the passenger side or sometimes out of the shifter (alothough I can't really pinpoint it). Typically I hear this vibration around 3k-5k rpms. Has anyone else experienced this? I took it to my local lotus dealership and they say this is "normal" From my perspective if this is normal, all you lotus elise drivers with with the 06 elise have a very high tolerance for this type of noise. Anyone out there have any advice? I am new to this site as of yesterday and have only owned this car for a couple months. I love it, but the vibrations is really annoying. Thanks in advance! Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Panel resonances are part of the deal with owning an Elise/Exige. Best bet is to try to retighten both undertrays (not overtight, just snug it up). This seems to cure 95% of my panel resonances (the other 5% are probably my harness buckles vibrating against the tub).

ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,450 Posts
I have a 2006 elise with 4700 miles that is having some serious vibration noises. It sounds like the noise is coming from the passenger side or sometimes out of the shifter (alothough I can't really pinpoint it). Typically I hear this vibration around 3k-5k rpms. Has anyone else experienced this? I took it to my local lotus dealership and they say this is "normal" From my perspective if this is normal, all you lotus elise drivers with with the 06 elise have a very high tolerance for this type of noise. Anyone out there have any advice? I am new to this site as of yesterday and have only owned this car for a couple months. I love it, but the vibrations is really annoying. Thanks in advance! Jim
find someone a local lotus owner to ride in the car with you. they'll know if it's a :tadts:.

you own a 2,000 lb aluminum race car built by hand in england... it's gonna make noises. this ain't no porsche.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top